Engine help needed in Baku Azerbaijan. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine help needed in Baku Azerbaijan.

augustis

Reaction score
City, State
Baku Azerbainjan
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT 2000
Good day to all, I'm a State Department Employee in Baku Azerbaijan and I need help with my assigned vehicle. The vehicle is a Explorer 2000 XLT -
VIN: 1FMDU73E9YUA58727 and has just over 30,000 miles on it. The previous owner did no maintenance and their are no records on any repairs. Currently, the engine stalls after 10 minutes of running time, when braking and during turns but will restart with backfires and rough idling before running smooth again. The engine then will quit for no reason but restart with problems making it completely un-drivable. The local FORD Service Center put the vehicle on the diagnostics machine and said that my timing belt was bad, and I needed a new accelerator pedal (Please be aware that I had to get the information translated from Russian to English). I'm not the dumbest person in the world, but I'm not sure that the accelerator assembly would cause the engine to stall. I will add that the fuel here is very poor and most likely very low grade (80-85 octane). With all that I have provided could someone please "idiot check" me before I tell the FORD technician he is nuts about the accelerator assembly? I suspect it needs a clean fuel filter, octane boost, maybe a new set of plugs and wires - any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! The mileage is pretty low for this year. It might have a dirty mass air flow sensor or the DPFE sensor might be going bad. As for the accelerator, I think that they are referring to the idle air control valve being dirty.

i just pulled your VIN on fords site and it looks like you have 2 outstanding recalls that need to be checked out.

03S03
SPEED CONTROL CABLE INSPECTION/REPLACEMENT

and

05S28
PERFORM PRIOR TO VEHICLE DELIVERY: SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH

just thought you might want to get that done if youre near a dealership.

as for the drivability issues i agree with brooklynbay.....and maybe the cam position sensor syncronizer.

welcome

Welcome. Start with the basics. Heres a list.........

Tire pressure
Dragging brakes
Air Filter (if you have an air filter that requires oil, if over oiled the oil can get on the MAF)
Fuel Filter (One bad tank of fuel can clog a fuel filter)
Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF)
Idle Air Control Unit (IAC)
Oil change (Preferably Synthetic)
Transmission Fuid Change (Preferably Synthetic)
Differential Fluid Change (Preferably Synthetic)
Seafoam (Carbon buildup)
Spark Plugs
Spark plug Wires
Thermostat
Radiator Flush
02 Sensor
Clogged Fuel Injector(s) use seafoam.

Plenty of how to videos in my signature if you would like to check them out.

Back