Enough power? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Enough power?

I was wondering if i would have enough power with stock gears to push 32's i got a 2 ich lift and i am gonna done allot of trimming i was just wondering if i would have enough power. Any help would be nice thanx.

Chase

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yeah i got 30's now not 31's

whats your axle code on your drivers door. we need to know ur stock gears first. also you can search (gears) in the suspension forum to find lots of info.

For your best performance, you would want to have around 3.73s or better to run 32s.

alright the code is 41 i think all so what do you think about how a 2icnh lift will look with 32's right now i got so mush room in my fender wells it looks ugly.

Chase

what gears do i have in the rear of My X

Chase

ok im not 100% sure but im pretty sure u have an open 3:27 rear. which with 32's would be a bit sluggish. some one verify this please!!!

Yes that's an open 3.27 rear. IMO 3.27's are not enough for 32's. 4.10 or 4.56 gears are best for 32's.

In my opinion 3.27 isn't even enough for stock tires, I have those gears now and as sooon as you get some stuff in the truck. or two or three other people driving becomes a painful experience

so how mush would it be to get some 4.10s put on my X just give me a ball park figure

Chase

$1000-1200 for both axles.

Back