• Register Today It's free!

Excited newbie

Renay

Reaction score
City, State
texarkana, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 black/black Exp Ltd
Hello all. This is a great forum, I have read so much and found so much useful information already. I have my order number and dealer code, so I have emailed Ford customer service for help locating my order. Is Seni the only rep ? I emailed this afternoon but this is my first post. Oh, I ordered the tuxedo black, black interior, 301A, towing package, 20 polished wheels, and dual panel moonroof. I am so excited I feel like a teenager waiting on my drivers license!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is very exciting... I'm about 2 weeks from delivery and all I do is browse the forums or search for the latest Explorer news.

Once you have your VIN, you can do a lot of your own research. You can view your window sticker which will give you a build date and confirmation of your options. You can also register on syncmyride.com. You'll be in a kind of limbo state, but once you have a confirmed computer installed, you'll know your Explorer is waiting to ship.

Additionally, my dealer sends me regular emails (2-3 times a week) on status. This seems to be an exception rather than the norm though.

cool, see I didn't know about the syncmyride.com. this is just awesome! I hope to get my VIN today. What color/combo did you order?

Renay - when did you place your order?

It is very exciting... I'm about 2 weeks from delivery and all I do is browse the forums or search for the latest Explorer news.

Once you have your VIN, you can do a lot of your own research. You can view your window sticker which will give you a build date and confirmation of your options. You can also register on syncmyride.com. You'll be in a kind of limbo state, but once you have a confirmed computer installed, you'll know your Explorer is waiting to ship.

Additionally, my dealer sends me regular emails (2-3 times a week) on status. This seems to be an exception rather than the norm though.

Very true. I usually go into my dealer with information from this site or from Seni (love her!) and give them an update on my order LOL

Order was placed 3/17/11, and the dealer said he put it in that same day. I should be getting my VIN# soon, right?

Order was placed 3/17/11, and the dealer said he put it in that same day. I should be getting my VIN# soon, right?

we got our VIN 4 weeks after we placed the order, but I think we were very lucky. As a lot of people here have a longer order process than our 6 weeks.

Order processing is based in allocation and timing. If a dealer has available allocation, an order can be expedited. If not, a Retail order is still processed, but it can take 30 days or so before it is selected to be built.

Order processing is based in allocation and timing. If a dealer has available allocation, an order can be expedited. If not, a Retail order is still processed, but it can take 30 days or so before it is selected to be built.

I've got to think the price you pay factors in to this as well.

If you stuck it to the dealer and walked out with a deal they didn't make much money on, I'd think that the dealer would put you in so you get your X, but not the fastest possible.

If they stuck it to you, and you paid way more than you should have, you're an uniformed buyer and probably won't know what normal vs. slow delivery is.

On the other hand, if you negotiate a fair deal where you the dealer/salesman make some money and you get a decent deal, to me that's the order that I would think gets expedited.

A good 13 years or so ago when I first moved from West coast to East coast, I worked for a Ford dealer for a few months. When you sold a vehicle, you earned 25% of whatever the sales price was above invoice. A barebones deal was normally $100 over invoice, and for that you earned $25. In my mind, if I'm sold a $50,000 Explorer, or almost that, I think it's reasonable the salesman earns more than $25. In my mind $1,000 over invoice is a fair deal and that's about what where my deal came out with the dealer. I'm sure I could have haggled it lower, but I felt that was a fair price and was perfectly happy with it.

Where is the build date on the sticker?

Top left. Looks like this 120110318. Last 4 are your build date (in this case 03/18 - March 18). It's also in the middle on bottom with some other numbers. If your build date changes, this will change as well.

Thanks. It looks like it will be built tomorrow. The last four numbers are 0401.

Just hope they stay that way after tomorrow. Then check the MySync site to see when your X gets a brain :)

Seni:

Yes I did, thank you.

SM4, I have registered at that site, but how do I find that information?

Congrats Renay!
I ordered 1/28(Kona blue, XLT 202a, moon roof & power liftgate), mine was built on Tues & sync installed yesterday. Talked to my sales guy this morning & he said it could be another 3-4 weeks to get here as they are having a tough time with haulers. :(
Talked to a CSR on the phone & was told eta is TBD.

Seni:

Yes I did, thank you.

SM4, I have registered at that site, but how do I find that information?

Steve, you'll know yours has been installed when it no longer asks for your vin to be validated. Then you can go into account setting & see what was installed & the date.

Hello all. This is a great forum, I have read so much and found so much useful information already. I have my order number and dealer code, so I have emailed Ford customer service for help locating my order. Is Seni the only rep ? I emailed this afternoon but this is my first post. Oh, I ordered the tuxedo black, black interior, 301A, towing package, 20 polished wheels, and dual panel moonroof. I am so excited I feel like a teenager waiting on my drivers license!!

Renay,

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I hope you received the email I sent to you. Enjoy your weekend.

~Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am SOOO excited! Latest update, the Explorer is on a railcar in Pine Bluff, Ar... that's only 150 miles from Texarkana!! Would be nice if the train would make a little stop here just for me, but doubt that's likely. lol. Hopefully it will be loaded on a truck and to my dealer soon... I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas! (only kids don't have to make monthly payments on their presents!!! haha)

Back