• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust tips

MillerTimeX17

Reaction score
City, State
Firestone, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT
so i went ahead and ordered a flowmaster muffler SI/SO. I was wondering how those of you who have replaced your muffler have your exhaust exiting. Any pics would be great! i was thinking of a side exit behind the wheel just worried how the tip would look from the back.

any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am curious to see some different set ups as well.

so i went ahead and ordered a flowmaster muffler SI/SO. I was wondering how those of you who have replaced your muffler have your exhaust exiting. Any pics would be great! i was thinking of a side exit behind the wheel just worried how the tip would look from the back.

any thoughts?

click the link for my exhaust in my signature and look at the pix at the beginning of the video (the video starts at like 1:45 if you just click the link)

mine doesnt look the best, but it's different, and it doesnt look terrible, but if you were looking for exhaust tip pictures i have no tip :(

Dual outlet stainless tip.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 699

No tip here but when I had larger exhaust run, I had it exit out the back like stock, but closer to the bumper. Looking forward to a soundclip and some pics.

What series flowmaster did you get?

When I actually have the money to get my custom dual exhaust done, I'm going to use these:

evt80.jpg

From Pypes, they're actually reproductions of ’68-‘70 Coronet/SuperBee tips, but I think they'd look kickass under an X's bumper. Goes with the rectangular shape of the whole car....

i put a 6 inch diesel round on the end of my exhaust looks pretty cool , im 17 so i like to do some things crazy

i have my exhaust run under my rear axle and exiting at a 45 degree angle behind my driver side tire...

from behind the X you can see the exit, but i have 18'' long x 3'' wide tip...

i put a 6 inch diesel round on the end of my exhaust looks pretty cool , im 17 so i like to do some things crazy

Hmmmm, I'd say that's a little more than crazy. But different strokes for different folks;)

i have my exhaust run under my rear axle and exiting at a 45 degree angle behind my driver side tire...

from behind the X you can see the exit, but i have 18'' long x 3'' wide tip...

got pics?

its dark out now... but i will see what i can do...

I put the Flowmaster 50 on mine. I left all the factory piping on it...had the muffler shop cut out the stock muffler and put the Flowmaster in. Then I left the exit in the stock location and got a Flowmaster stainless tip. Nice looking tip.....embossed with the word "Flowmaster" on the top of it. I figured the factory exhaust pipe had all the heat shields in the needed locations so I opted to leave all that stock except for the muffler and tip. If you look ay my pictures on Photobucket I believe you can see the tip. If not and you wanna see it lemme know and I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it for you.

well i actually got the flowmaster 50 as well. i went with a custom muffler back system because of the body lift.

heres a pic and i like you setup as well fyrfyter612.

P9090003.jpg

here is my current set up...

i took pictures and sent it to my email while im at work... and the links wont work... so now i have to wait to get home to photo bucket the pics... cant upload crap on the work computer...

Back