Explorer 1993 clutch problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 1993 clutch problem

bundyho1

Reaction score
Well here is my problem.Its a 5 speed.For some reason when it gets cold the clutch will go out and i will have to bleed the clutch.I have been doing this for 2 years now it does it all the time.I had the clutch master cylinder put on it already .Any idea :confused: and by the way hi everybody im new here

Well here is my problem.Its a 5 speed.For some reason when it gets cold the clutch will go out and i will have to bleed the clutch.I have been doing this for 2 years now it does it all the time.I had the clutch master cylinder put on it already .Any idea :confused: and by the way hi everybody im new here

I don' really understand what you are asking. Did you say the master cylinder is new? Does the problem only happen when the weather gets cold?

If you have to bleed and fill the system all the time, then you have to be losing some fluid somewhere. Check the connection at the master cylinder and the slave cylinder where the line goes into the trans case for leaks. Also look at the bottom of the trans, if its wet with fluid your slave is probably leaking. I had this similar problem with mine. The truck needed a clutch anyway so I replaced everything but the pedal.

If this is a weather issue, I would bet that the seals and components get cold and contract, then the fluid can seep past them. Also air can be sucked into the system when pressure is released, i.e. when the clutch is let out.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

Back