Explorer Fender Flares Removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Fender Flares Removal

Hey there,

In Australia ALL the explorers that came here have, what I think, are those ugly fender flares. Here is what they look like Dead Link Removed .

I like the look of the US Explorers which don't have these flares. So, is there a way to remove them easily, ie. just a few bolts here and there or will there be holes in the body after I take the bolts out? If there are holes how much would a body shop charged to get them filled in??

Thanks for any help guys.

Yes they can be removed easily and yes there are holes underneath them. Other than the screws inside the fenderwell the flares are held on by the type of plastic push in screws, a few people have welded the holes shut and repainted, do a search and you should find some info.

Yeah, they can be removed easily but like what MO-GUY said, there'll be holes. I think Ford slapped on the exact same fender flares on both the US and international Explorers so I don't understand why you dislike the ones you have and like the ones we have. Here's a pic of mine:

Dead Link Removed

Oh yeah...Welcome to the site. You'll love the info presented on this site. :)

it looks like the euro ones may have a bit more flare to 'em...i think i may like them better, no offense.

Ya know what Doug?? You're right about the front flares. They're wider than the US versions. Me likey!!! :D

Back