Explorer overhead console in an Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer overhead console in an Aerostar.

jovi

Reaction score
City, State
spruce pine north carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport
Anyone know which wire off the ecm is the vss?I installed an explorer overhead console today and need to know which wire to tie into.I have a 95 aerostar.I ordered an EVTM for it but it's not came yet.I didnt see any threads where anyone installed one of these.Am I the first?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you know the year of the Explorer that the console came from? The 1995 Aerostar has a reluctor sensor on the top of the rear differential which is connected to the PSOM. A VSS has a gear on the end which turns. The reluctor sensor on the differential has no moving parts. It contains a magnet with a coil. The pinion has a wheel which looks like a large gear with teeth. The teeth cause the magnetic field in the sensor to expand & collapse to produce a signal for the PSOM. ABS brake systems use this sensor as well.

I understand all that.I just need to know the color wire that feeds the ecm the vss signal.I need to tap into it to make the temp sensor work right.And I dont want to run a wire all the way to the rear end.

Gray/Black, EEC 60 Pin Connector located Driver's Firewall, Pin 3 on connector

Gray/Black, EEC 60 Pin Connector located Driver's Firewall, Pin 3 on connector

Thanks so much!! Just what I needed to know!! Wonder why no one else has put one in?It makes the van look a little more modern on the inside.

Thanks so much!! Just what I needed to know!! Wonder why no one else has put one in?It makes the van look a little more modern on the inside.

My first van came with one as well as an auto dimming rear view mirror. If you could do a write up.

My first van came with one as well as an auto dimming rear view mirror. If you could do a write up.

I will after I finish it and make sure it works right.Its a little different than a explorer or ranger swap.But it looks so good in the van.I did it because I am having the headliner recovered next week.And wanted to cut the hole first lol

why is the exploder overhead console desirable?

I have my eye on installing a tripminder computer in my van. That console would is nice cause you can wire the auto dimming rearview mirror into it.

Back