Explorer owners in PA | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer owners in PA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wasn't aware there was an OHV park that close. Very interesting. I'll have to make a trip down when the ground dries up. What kind of regulations are there? I don't suppose ATV's are allowed?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Mbrooks420 said:
I don't suppose ATV's are allowed?
It's full of ATV's. IIRC, from Rt. 39 take either the Cox Ave. or Aten Ave. exit, from Cox go down toward the river past the old factory and follow the road toward the right, it's free but that part will be closed soon I'm told. From Aten I think is the one that goes up a hill, turn left at the top, there is a little shack where you pay and sign in. The easier trails you get to by following Rt. 39 to Rt. 7 south and get off at Hammondsville at the rest area. Follow that road about 2-3 miles and turn right at the "Forbidden Zone" sign. Up that hill and you'll see the gate on your right. IIRC it's $7 per person IF the landowner is there, which he isn't always. It's all the same mountain though.

Winter pics 2005
Spring pics 2004

Don't let all the pics of rigs laying on their sides scare you, most of the place isn't that bad.

Mbrooks420 said:
What kind of regulations are there?
Regulations? :confused: :D Bwaaaahahahahaha! :roll:

im in northeast philly bridesburg area

little town of titusville pa, about an hour south of erie and 3hours north of pittsburgh

DuBois here...

Souderico right here.

Acually, its souderton, near lansdale, quakertown, ect. 45min Northwest of phili.

Any of those nearby want to get a group together and do a meet and greet sometime?

Oley

Oley, PA..near Reading and Allentown, maybe an hour and a half NW of philly? parents live in mertztown..10 miles away..dad has a 92 xlt..the one that made me wanna buy my 94

Hey! I'm from Philadelphia. I just got this Explorer. So far, I only plan to replace the speakers.
________
roor bong

wharriso said:
So far, I only plan to replace the speakers.

That's what you say now..hang around this place and you'll get all kinds of crazy ideas :confused:

Latrobe, PA

Home of Pittsburgh Steeler's Training Camp, The First Banana Split and Rolling Rock Beer...errr scratch that last one! Rolling Rock sold out to A-B and is being moved to NJ!

Holy thread bump!

Im from Hershey Pa, a Central Pa meet up would be awesome.

Pittsburgh, Pa. here. Mine is currently torn apart in the process of everything in my signature. Might have better luck posting in the regional section to get to more members, I know there's a lot more out in the middle and eastern apart of the state than here in western Pa..

North Hills of Pittsburgh

Where at in North Hills? I'm on the Northside by the beginning of McKnight Rd..

Back