• Register Today It's free!

Explorer ST -Production Question

24golfin

Reaction score
City, State
Marion, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer ST
New to this forum (any forum actually), so I hope I'm doing this correctly.
Question: I purchased a 2022 Ford Explorer ST from a reputable dealership the other day. They ordered the vehicle in and I agreed to buy based off window sticker. They say it could be here in 3-30 days based of their experience. I have the window sticker and VIN. Is there any way I can tell when it will be produced and potentially arrive? I don't have the order#; I asked for it but the salesman said it's a waste of time cause Ford's website is incorrect 99% of the time. Thoughts? Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The date on the window sticker is NOT the build date of the vehicle (may be mentioned in that thread). That date only is when the sticker and invoice are generated. Typically, it’s about a week before actual production, but in this day and age where parts are in short supply, who knows how long the span could be. Having the sticker is at least a step in the right direction.

Also, plenty of info on this site as well: Explorer ST Forum

The date on my window sticker and actual build date were within a day of each other on the Aviator and spot on for my 2017 Platinum.

Peter

The date on my window sticker and actual build date were within a day of each other on the Aviator and spot on for my 2017 Platinum.

Peter
The point being that the date on the window sticker is, probably 99.9% of the time, not the build date. If you want to know for sure, the parts department can run the HVBoM, or service can pull up the OASIS report.

The point being that the date on the window sticker is, probably 99.9% of the time, not the build date. If you want to know for sure, the parts department can run the HVBoM, or service can pull up the OASIS report.
I have the Detailed Vehicle Specification sheet for my VIN and it shows the production date as 2019-10-10. The date on the window sticker shows 2019-10-09.

Peter

Back