Explorer vs. Expedition/Navigator

espnfreak

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Elgin, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Maxima SE-L *5spd
I was racing a Lincoln Navigator the other day and it was about even because let go of the gas because a red light was coming. Which one would be faster..the explorer vs. expedition and which one would be faster if an explorer took on a lincoln navigator? I think its really fascinating and would like to find out more about which ones are faster. I really plan to race some big type suv's. Since i have a v-6 in my explorer it'd be interesting to see how well i would fare against the big bad v-8's of the next line suv's
Thanks all!

Lincoln Navigator puts a 300 HP which is pretty impressive it would be a quick SUV if it didn't weight so much. I raced my friend in his expedition 5.4 liter, and I ate him up, mines also an automatic. The explorers don't have alot of horsepower (OHV 160) but there torque (220) makes up for that.

Lincoln Navigator VS. explorer == Lincoln Navigator
expedition VS. explorer == explorer

Dont race an Excursion it would kick your a$$! I remember riding in a stretched Excursion that could take off like a bat out of hell!! And it was over 35' long!

As for the Expedition, that would depend on which engine/drivetrain was installed, some combinations are quick off the line but peter out too soon, while others tend to be slow off the line but reach a certain point and just leap out in front.

But then again, I dont recall seeing anyone try racing an Expedition, women aren't much into that.

Originally posted by kilroy
But then again, I dont recall seeing anyone try racing an Expedition, women aren't much into that.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back