Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

That's the length of warranty from today, so it would take me to 2022/131k.
Oh, okay - it would add 5 MORE years and 75k MORE miles to what's already on it. Well, that absolutely makes more sense - so it's rather along the lines of, brand new (or during the initial warranty period) an 8 year, 131k warranty. So that doesn't seem so bad then - and might be worth it, as you'll be in the period where things will start to break.

The way these things are worded is so confusing. When I buy a 6 year, 100k mile EXTENDED warranty, it does really make it sound like hey, awesome, I'm getting 6 MORE years on top of the Factory 3 year - so that's 9 years all together! In reality, I'm getting a mere 3 more years. BUT, when the main computer fries or the motor mounts go (do they still even use those? Shows what I know!). that becomes money very well spent. And sure, it may be money you're just throwing out the window - just like health insurance - BAH!, I'll never get sick, I'm only 55 years old! In the meantime, in the past 6 years alone, I've had a Cardiac Ablation and Angiogram, 4 back surgeries (making 5 total), one knee surgery, 2 separate hernia surgeries, and an esophageal surgery done through my mouth, double Carpal Tunnel surgery, and an index finger reconstruction after wondering what would happen if I stuck my finger in the hedge trimmer! (first off, it costs $39k!! If you want more, just ask!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, okay - it would add 5 MORE years and 75k MORE miles to what's already on it. Well, that absolutely makes more sense - so it's rather along the lines of, brand new (or during the initial warranty period) an 8 year, 131k warranty. So that doesn't seem so bad then - and might be worth it, as you'll be in the period where things will start to break.

The way these things are worded is so confusing. When I buy a 6 year, 100k mile EXTENDED warranty, it does really make it sound like hey, awesome, I'm getting 6 MORE years on top of the Factory 3 year - so that's 9 years all together! In reality, I'm getting a mere 3 more years. BUT, when the main computer fries or the motor mounts go (do they still even use those? Shows what I know!). that becomes money very well spent. And sure, it may be money you're just throwing out the window - just like health insurance - BAH!, I'll never get sick, I'm only 55 years old! In the meantime, in the past 6 years alone, I've had a Cardiac Ablation and Angiogram, 4 back surgeries (making 5 total), one knee surgery, 2 separate hernia surgeries, and an esophageal surgery done through my mouth, double Carpal Tunnel surgery, and an index finger reconstruction after wondering what would happen if I stuck my finger in the hedge trimmer! (first off, it costs $39k!! If you want more, just ask!

It didn't click right away for me but what he is doing is buying a Used vehicle ESP as you can't buy a NEW vehicle ESP after the 3/36k expires. When you buy a USED, you can choose your term and mileage and it starts from the date of purchase.

I'm debating on doing another 2 years/24k on my Explorer this April because it will be turning 6yrs old and my ESP is running out in May.

It didn't click right away for me but what he is doing is buying a Used vehicle ESP as you can't buy a NEW vehicle ESP after the 3/36k expires. When you buy a USED, you can choose your term and mileage and it starts from the date of purchase.

I'm debating on doing another 2 years/24k on my Explorer this April because it will be turning 6yrs old and my ESP is running out in May.
Nah, I'd advise that it's time for a new one! :)

Nah, I'd advise that it's time for a new one! :)

Have to wait till my F350 is paid off first which is another 2 1/2 years so timing wise it works out.. just not sure if I want to gamble the PTU or Water pump issue.

price on new car warranty goes up $100 if you buy after 1yr or 12k miles and before 3yr or 36k. So if you're gonna buy one get it before 1yr or 12k. You also get the benefit of rental car which isn't included with original warranty.

price on new car warranty goes up $100 if you buy after 1yr or 12k miles and before 3yr or 36k. So if you're gonna buy one get it before 1yr or 12k. You also get the benefit of rental car which isn't included with original warranty.
Thanks for the info. I was already at the 1 year mark with 22k miles when I bought mine so it was too late. However, the policy I did just purchase does have first day rental. From what I've read, they're not all quite exactly the same when it comes to rental and a few piddly things.

Thanks for the info. I was already at the 1 year mark with 22k miles when I bought mine so it was too late. However, the policy I did just purchase does have first day rental. From what I've read, they're not all quite exactly the same when it comes to rental and a few piddly things.

So some dealers use their own inventory.. One of my ex dealers had about 15 Ford's in their fleet for loaners (focus/fusion). If they don't, then they contract out (usually Enterprise) and Ford's agreement now (finally) is that you must be given another Ford (don't know why they ever allowed someone to rent a competitor while their FORD is in the shop).

Enterprise has an agreement to discount the car to under $30 a day so the customer doesn't have to pay anything. The $30 will get you a focus, fusion, escape and some have edge's at no charge. If they don't have one, then they will upgrade you (I have received an Expedition limited before as well as a mustang convertible).

IF you do the enhanced rental, you can get anything in their fleet as they cover $50 per day.

Either way, you are to drive away in another Ford (don't ever except a focus.. their CVT trans are JUNK).

So some dealers use their own inventory.. One of my ex dealers had about 15 Ford's in their fleet for loaners (focus/fusion). If they don't, then they contract out (usually Enterprise) and Ford's agreement now (finally) is that you must be given another Ford (don't know why they ever allowed someone to rent a competitor while their FORD is in the shop).

Enterprise has an agreement to discount the car to under $30 a day so the customer doesn't have to pay anything. The $30 will get you a focus, fusion, escape and some have edge's at no charge. If they don't have one, then they will upgrade you (I have received an Expedition limited before as well as a mustang convertible).

IF you do the enhanced rental, you can get anything in their fleet as they cover $50 per day.

Either way, you are to drive away in another Ford (don't ever except a focus.. their CVT trans are JUNK).
I'm pretty sure you meant DCT(dual clutch trans). They can be hit or miss. I've owned Focus's with the DCT since 2012 and would buy another, but by the time I'm ready they will have a new tranny.

I'm pretty sure you meant DCT(dual clutch trans). They can be hit or miss. I've owned Focus's with the DCT since 2012 and would buy another, but by the time I'm ready they will have a new tranny.

Good catch, yes that is what I meant. I had a few from Enterprise and 1 that slipped so badly between the 1-2 shift that the whole car shook badly..

Trans is junk.. Ford has tried to fix it.. extended the warranty.. but still has issues and would never recommend it solely because of the trans.

I purchased 8/75 at the beginning of the month from Flood online. Will evidence of my ESP every eventually show up on my owner.ford.com page? Only the basic warranty 3/36 shows right now.
Yes I have my policy document and yes I understand that it is now "in the computer" for every Ford dealership to see but I am just wondering if it will eventually show up on my owner.form.com page.

Not sure it will show up on the owner site but OASIS is where it counts.

If you send me your VIN (PM) I can go ahead and run it quick.

Not sure it will show up on the owner site but OASIS is where it counts.

If you send me your VIN (PM) I can go ahead and run it quick.
Would you mind running mine as well? I can PM it over.

I purchased 8/75 at the beginning of the month from Flood online. Will evidence of my ESP every eventually show up on my owner.ford.com page? Only the basic warranty 3/36 shows right now.
Yes I have my policy document and yes I understand that it is now "in the computer" for every Ford dealership to see but I am just wondering if it will eventually show up on my owner.form.com page.
All that shows up on mine is that basic warranty and it doesn't even show the start date. I purchased the ESP from the dealer at the same time that I leased my Explorer. No service actions show up either. Perhaps this site is more for U.S. based owners.:dunno:

Peter

Back