• Register Today It's free!

Eye Brow or Strip Tint ??

Lethal-Wombat

Reaction score
City, State
Wash Dc / formerly Perth, Aus
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
Not sure which one would look best ... (both illegal here in md, .. ;) ... EYE-BROW or STRIP tint on the front windscreen .... im still undecided and taking it in tomorrow am ....

Which would you pick ?? car is 2013/ xlt / silver ingot ..

Just found this thread ... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349968

but im still not SURE danggit !!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These strips are straight across, and the curvature of the windshield is what gives them a bow upwards. If you're refering to a brow or strip as two different things, one being curved and one being straight, the only way you're getting a straight across line on the tint is if the tint shop trims the edges to make it look straight across, because the film is straight across when it's installed, and the windshield bow gives it the appeared curve.

A little better way to compare size of tint strips is where the center lands in regards to the mirror. On my other vehicles I've gone down to the bottom of the mirror mount, on the sport I had them go to the very top of the mirror mount. It all depends where the factory mount point is. It does extend a little beyond the AS-1 line on the sides but not too bad. Looks perfect IMO with it landing right at the top of the mirror. You go too far down and it starts looking goofy.

Bra-11.jpg

Bra-12.jpg

Bra-13.jpg

Bra-16.jpg

Bra-17.jpg

I prefer it when I can go to the bottom of the rearview mount since it hides the mirror mount within the tint strip area, but on the Sport it would have been too low for me.

As for percentage, it's a 15% windshield strip, 35% on the front 2 doors, and 15% layered over the factory tint on all the rear windows.

IMG_0635_zps3de96936.jpg

I tint windows and this is what I did on my Sport.

If your tinter uses the straight factory edge of the window film, it will leave a huge upside-down bow on the windshield. There are some tricks to do what I did to mine. I would recommend that you use a tint shop that cuts the tint with a plotter and pre cut computer program.

I agree - like the curvature of yours BM !

thanks sooo much, especially for the pics !!! .... i like BOTH ... (im a typical woman - cant make a decision .. :scratch: ) .....
Im gonna study these for a bit, then let you know what i go with ... thanks again for all the replies .... :) :)

The straight across look (curved piece of film) looks more OEM. The curved look (straight piece of film) looks more aftermarket. I like the straight across look better, but it's hard enough finding a tint shop that does nice work on the install, let alone one that has the capability to get a straight look with the curved piece of film lol.

for those in the DFW area - this place http://www.sunraytint.com/ does excellent work and the huper optik is first rate on both my vehicles and rv !

highly recommend them !

I like the straight better. When I see straight, I see that there are still some that do it the old fashion way of hand cutting. Just my opinion.

I like the normal straight across, but what about the type that fades away at the bottom, and has no hard line as it disappears into the windshield?

Back