A day on the trail. :) Many Pics

RoadBully

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, NB
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLS '02
I didn't wanna clutter up the off-road pic thread with too many of mine, but here's what I did this morning.
It was a good time! :thumbsup:

Picture003.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice!!!!

looks like u had a fun time with ur explorer

looks like u had a fun time with ur explorer

Yeah, it was a great time, I think I might keep these mud tires as winters, and get some 35" Crawlers on there after I get her up another 2-3 inches.
There were a few spots that I woulda went if I had had some better clearance,
and my mud tires were slipping off of wet rocks a little too easy.

Yeah, that's something I've gotta look into.
Any suggestions?
I'm not sure what to go with, ARB is alot of $$ for an air locker, but I'm not sure I want an automatic locker, (Detroit, Aussie)

Yeah, that's something I've gotta look into.
Any suggestions?
I'm not sure what to go with, ARB is alot of $$ for an air locker, but I'm not sure I want an automatic locker, (Detroit, Aussie)

I'm looking at the Detroit Truetrac LSD.

Great pics man!
And if any body does find a locker that works for sure post up a part number for people like me to copy :)
I think I'd want an automatic locker up front first.

Great pics man!
And if any body does find a locker that works for sure post up a part number for people like me to copy :)
I think I'd want an automatic locker up front first.

I know we've got an 8.8, but I'm just not sure on the splines.
I'll haveto look into it.

You sir need a skid plate to protect that transmission cooler!

Looks like fun though!

I would imagine it's 31 spline. I don't think they would lower the count to 28 from 31 on the bigger heavier explorer.

I've always had Detroits in the rear and the Detroit TrueTrac L/S in the front. The L/S would be good in the rear if you don't want the full locker.

It is a 31 spline 8.8 in the rear.

Good stuff, thanks guys,
Froader, with the detroit locker in the rear, do you get much noise around corners? (onroad)

No noise, unless you really gas it around the turns. Even doing a u-turn doesn't chirp the tires if you drive it right. I get the occasional "big bang" but maybe only 2-3 times a year. It still scares me every time though. I think to myself, "ah crap, I broke something."

K, Just trying to decide if I should go with the "detroit locker", or spend the money and go with an Elocker, or ARB. It would be nice to be able to switch it off...
But if it doesn't give me too much grief, it might be ok... I've been told that driving with a locker in the rear can be a royal pain on snowy roads though.

Great pics Beno,
love the one depicting the stones in mid air. Must take a pic of one of my regular job sites where I drag my 2500lb trailer up and over this steep bank
Scotty

sick pics....i never realized u look like Jeff Ross lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back