F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

Call Autofab in Santee, California. They had several sets when I was in there a few years ago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few years ago? Thanks, i will see if they still carry them...if not, i will just have to keep my eyes open.

So exactly what IS a drop bracket? If I wanted to do a coil AND coil seat lift in the front, what does the drop bracket do? I saw the pic of one in this thread, but couldn't decipher what it was doing and what is was attached to.

So exactly what IS a drop bracket? If I wanted to do a coil AND coil seat lift in the front, what does the drop bracket do? I saw the pic of one in this thread, but couldn't decipher what it was doing and what is was attached to.
A drop bracket goes between the I-beam mount and the I-beam and "drops" the front axle so that it is aligned in near the stock position with longer coils, which give the vehicle lift. Otherwise, the tires would angle in at the bottom and it would never align.

Ohh ok. Are those hard to install?

ugh. Not something i want to deal with. Ill just stick to the coil seats and shackles.

Tbars4, great write up. I know it was a few years ago but I am new to the forum and didnt see anything recent about this topic. I have the 1.5 lift coils from rancho now but am hesitant to install due the alignment issues I have heard about. Doing the math I figure the ride hight will be lifted about the same with the coils or the coil seats. With that being said, the aligment fix should be the same?, and I should look into plus 2 shocks? I also got the AAL made by rancho and I should be able to keep the stock shocks?

...Whenever you work on the front end of the TTB it is good to get it aligned..

...When you add or subtract height to the front end with the use of coils or spacers, you in turn are changing the camber also...This is what needs to be brought back into alignment..;)

..As far as shocks, if you are staying on the pavement you should be fine till you can afford new shocks that are 2" over...

...I hope this helps answer your questions..

...For those who can't find the F150 coil seats, the originals that inspired this thread can be found here for sale...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307734
My 1993 eddie will come with them when I sell it in a couple weeks. LOL. My local dealer only had one side and found one for me down in California. I believe is was at Santa Monica Ford. They shipped it straight to me. Might check there too. They take credit card and don't mind shipping. :D

...:scratch:..Did you just recently purchase these and if so, how much was the total price?

amazing amount of info

Well I just joined the site after 3 or 4 days of reading several threads. Just finished reading this entire thread. I have three questions:

1) Is this lift methods compatible for AWD mounties?

2) Has anyone tried this on a Mounty with AWD? I have a 98 with AWD and would love to do a 1"-2" lift.

3) Tbars, if the answer to the compatibility question is yes, do you still have the spring seats for sale or have they sold?

Thanks in Advance for any info.

Well I just joined the site after 3 or 4 days of reading several threads. Just finished reading this entire thread. I have three questions:

1) Is this lift methods compatible for AWD mounties?

2) Has anyone tried this on a Mounty with AWD? I have a 98 with AWD and would love to do a 1"-2" lift.

3) Tbars, if the answer to the compatibility question is yes, do you still have the spring seats for sale or have they sold?

Thanks in Advance for any info.

No, & No.

This is for a TTB IFS front end, found in 91-94 Explorers, and some rangers.

You need to look at the 2nd gen 95-01 section for lift options.

Edit...apparently Ranger TTB in many more years the the Explorer...lol

No, No, & No.

This is for a TTB IFS front end, found in 91-94 Explorers, and some rangers.

You need to look at the 2nd gen 95-01 section for lift options.

1983 - 1997 4WD Rangers. :D

And Bronco IIs...

...This also works on the 2wd TTB's if you swap out to a longer bolt...;)

..But yea, My coil spacers are still for sale..:)

Wow, don't know how I missed that, I already the sections on TT and thought about doing that, don't know why I thought this would work for me. Thanks anyway guys, doing shackles and TT this week.

...:scratch:..Did you just recently purchase these and if so, how much was the total price?
It was about a year ago. Don't remember which side was what, but the one here was about $26 and the other side from cali. was about $72 not including shipping.

ok just got finished reading the hole thing and im thinking very hard about this mod!
thanks tbars for the thread it was very helpful and showed me how to do it. i always love learning new mods!
i have a question though, while i was reading i noticed someone said something about it having to be from a 4x2 f-150? or does it really matter as long as its from 92-97?

thanks, Spare

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

also was going to ask if you had the dimensions for the shackles you used for yours? i want the 2" lift and im going to have my pops make them. but from the searching i have done i cant find the right demensions for a 2" lift.

Thanks, Spare

Back