Failed tensioner pully pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Failed tensioner pully pics

I had to replace my idler pulley as well. The tensioner is fine, but the idler pulley that was on my Ex wasn't even the right one. I didn't know it until I replaced it. I had a whistling noise when mine went bad.

What size idler pulley do we need. I looked it up on the autozone website and I guess it just list generic pulleys. 4", 3 1/2", 100mm or 90mm? Also my manual does not have a procedure for this, anyone know the proper torque and is this just as simple as taking a bolt out swapping out pulleys and putting the bolt back in?

my pully snapped today...all the belts came lose. i now need to take it into the shop since my dad won't let me do my own repairs

changed belt and tensioner pulley

I just went to change the belt, had some squeaking and knew the belt needed changed. Went ahead and to change the tensioner at the same time. When I went to take of the bolt it was only FINGER tight!!!!

Literally I took it off with my fingers. Lucky it didn't go earlier. So much for have the shop actually check on it.

Back