favorite 3 way?

Fish Man

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
hey everyone. i am looking into buying 2 sets of 3 ways, 5x7/6x8. this isnt for an explorer. i am lost in which brand to get, as there are so many. what do you all use? any favorites? oh yeah, they will be used in a '77 corvette with an aiwa cdc-x917m head unit. thanks for your help!!!

P.S. budget is pretty much open ended, but im thinking around $100 per pair (or less, of course) is about what my dad wants to spend (this is his baby)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My favorite 3 way? hmmmmm...

Britney and Christina, but I dont know that Shakira girl is pretty tough too!!!

No just kidding...

You cant go wrong with Boston Acoustics for the $$$$..

Best bet is to just shop around and listen to all the ones in your price range, pick the ones that you like the sound of based on the type of music you listen to most.

Here in Denver we have a Soundtrack store on the south side of town that gets all the floor models, closeouts, and discontinued items from all the other stores in teh Denver metro area. They put all this stuff on a big cleanace table and sell it for dirt cheap. I go over there all the time and you wouldnt believe some of the deals I have gotten....I bought a Boston Acoustics 12" Competitor 2ohm sub for $80. It box was never even opened! This is a $400 speaker new.......
I also got 4 sets of Boston Acoustics 5x7 two ways for my buddy's Explorer for $60 a set!

for the budgeted sole, you can get the pioneer 3 ways, for the money they're great, i think like 100 2 speakers

A brunette and a red head.

Pioneer!!

I have an older model of the Pioneer 5x7 3 ways running off of the HU for fill, and they sound very good for the price I paid. Good bass response, treble could be better considering they have tweeters and super tweeters, but I managed to deal with it until getting a component set and extra tweeters.

Think Boston Acoustic

For the money - Pioneer

When I had my HU and front speakers replaced with Pioneer the sound difference over stock was amazing, I didn't notice much of a difference when I put a set of pioneers into the back though. For $100 or less they are you're best bet, Boston's would be better but you have to get very lucky to get them for $100.

i am not sure about this but i believe Visonik just made a new 3-way speaker. Visoniks will soon be better that audiobahn and will be competing with the top audio groups around. There is a story of why Visonik will be soo good, if you dont know it, ask and I will tell. 120 for a pair i believe.

Back