Favorite feature and/or option?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Favorite feature and/or option??

chriswells: look on google and ebay for gentex auto dim mirrors, 5 minute job to wire it in.

fast power windows. the windows on my old buick were slow, and they didnt even go up all the way :(

things i like but dont have: full length center, overhead console, auto dim mirror.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all the one's I have installed :)

Lately the heated buckets KICK BUTT!!

I love my:
dual lighted visors
power windows and locks
alarm
stereo, with MP# music Keg
GPS & street navigation
V8 and smooth shifting auto trans
ARB AIR LOCKERS!!
BRIGHT aux reverse light
front mounted receiver
cruise control

hahaha yeah basically from bumper to bumper everything I have done to this truck serves a purpose at one time or another, some more then others.
Right now its heated seats but in a couple months it will be the newly installed A/C

I like the side vent windows on my Sport. I wish they were powered though. The Overhead compass and temperature meter are great too.

Options I lust for:
Sunroof
Navigation
HIDs

vervepipes said:
This may sound stupid but... cupholders.... i've had an 87 tercel, 87 crx, 93 saturn sl1 and 84 K5 blazer, and the explorer is the only one that has had cup holders, and 4 to boot!

I didn't have any cupholders in any vehicle I've ever owed until I bought my F250 in November. And that this has 6 cupholders! :D Guess that makes up for the other 3 cars that doesn't have any cupholders.

seriously....cupholders are awesome....cupholders :)

My favorite feature is my beautiful wife sitting in the passenger seat!!! Cup holders are the greatest. Come in very handy.

my 302 and HUD

i remebered my other favs..HIDs,auto dim rear view,reclining rear seatrs,power antenna,brown wire mod,and my smooth running 4.0 ohv..lol

there..all in all i just love my x

96limitedX said:
all in all i just love my x

ladies and gentlemen, you won't see or hear that phrase anywhere but this fourm. LOL :D

I guess I forgot one.....rear air/heater stereo/cupholders, and yes I do like the cassette/cd combo (I think I just dated myself). I wish I had some of the options the limited/eddie folks get. After seeing the 06 in the showroom I loved the third row seat...it reclines totally flat, it's great if you have a family.

haha, true. these things are way more capable than anyone could have imagined. Heck it blew me away when i went to the badlands.

Im getting hooked on the navigation systems. My boss has a side business of dealing higher end cars like mercedes and BMW etc. Sometimes he takes a few to the auction and I get to drive one. They all seem to have those new navigation systems and they rock. The BMW X5 did keep telling me I was going over the speed limit which at first I though was amazing it could get that from the map but turned out you just set a limit. My cupholders suck. They are wide and shallow, any corner and sploooosh. If I start a registry, Ill include a write up on how I modded my cupholder with a used tape roll so cups fit tight in it. :p

xman98 said:
yea true about the theif, but i put my keys in my center console and thats such a mess a theif would give up trying to look through it.
LoL im the same way i keep my keys in there so i dont loose them

i love the power seats, rear a/c, the mighty 302 the door locks "locking" automaticlly etc

I can't decide between power locks, power windows, or the auto-dimming rear view mirror.

I'll take them all... oh wait, I HAVE them all!

ok in my opinion: power windows and locks and also A/C lol. didnt realize how much i took advantage of them till i got my X and its manual everything/power nothing lol o and a/c dont work either lol. i wish i had some better features but as stated before i still love my X

Back