Feature Truck: MDPuckett84's 2001 XLS - 1/20/05 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feature Truck: MDPuckett84's 2001 XLS - 1/20/05

My 2001 XLS 4x4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In April of 2004 I traded in my 1999 Ranger for a 2001 Explorer 4x4. Since it was a 4x4 I originally had intentions of making it all about offroading. However after consideration, I decided instead to make it sort of a Jack-of-all-trades type vehicle. That is, I wanted it to be comfortable for where it would spend most of its time, on the street, yet still capable of having alittle fun off road. I also recently set a goal of improving its gas mileage up to a fairly consistent 20mpg.

Stuff thats done so far,
# American Racing Baja Wheels 16x8
# Toyo Open Country A/T 265/75/16
# Smittybuilt grill guard
# KC Daylighter off road lights
# Cobra 75WX CB/Weather radio
# Wilson 500 CB Antenna
# Torison Twist and shackles for 2in lift
# Rancho RS5000 shocks
# Silvania Silverstar headlights
# XCalibrator from BamaChips

Future Mods:
# Flowmaster
# Intake
# Carputer

trailhead.jpg

newtires_side.jpg

uphill.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrads MDPuckett

Nice looking X

Congrats man, nice truck.

Nice rig. Congrats!

And I was getting used to being on top of the main page. Glad to pass the torch and congrats. :thumbsup:

Congrats! :D

Congrats, Looks great :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jeff - :navajo:

I like I like

How

How will you improve its gas mileage to go up to 20 mpg?

I'm hoping to get there basically by doing the mods Aldive did engine wise. Obviously i wont be doing the lowering kit and some of the other stuff like he did. Sorry the pics are missing, they'll be back tonight, had to replace the Power Supply on my server.

Sorry for the delay there everyone, been busy with school, finally got those pictures back up.

nice rig. jake-of-all-trades is what I have in mind for mine

Back