Fender trimming | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fender trimming

Don't know where else to put it...Anyway I trimmed my fenders tonight. I like them :D

I still need to trim the inner fenders and put the headlights back together.
DSC01033.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow 135 views and no responses lol. I got a number of complements on the trimming last week at a club run.

Here's a better pic so all can see what it looks like at a little more distance...I had no room to take the last pic lol
MadeItToTheQuarry.JPG

Looks *****in' Code! I like the way the 1st gens look without the front bumber on... real clean. I have the same look on my 94 except for I rolled the lip on the fender after I cut. I didn't want to cut up my tires when I'm flexin'.

Keep up the good work man and keep showin us the progress!

Yeah I should have rolled the fender. I'm gonna see if I can figure something out to keep from cutting a tire.

what did you do with the plastic shroud inside the fender? It looks like you just cut it and let it sit there but I was wondering if you could explain what you did.

When I trimmed my fenders I used some zip ties to get the shroud at the front of the fender out of the way:
trimming006.jpg

and for the rear I just folded the fender over it after I had trimmed it to where I wanted it:
trimming007.jpg

The front shroud trimming on my truck isn't exactly pretty so I was curious to see what you did since yours looks pretty clean.

Yeah the first pic just has the inner fender sitting there. I used zip ties though to secure it. Just a couple holes in the remaining fender lip and inner fender with a zip tie. Then I secured the front/rear of the inner fender to the frame.

I trimmed my fenders today to look a bit more clean like yours. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

what did you do with the plastic shroud inside the fender? It looks like you just cut it and let it sit there but I was wondering if you could explain what you did.

We just removed the inner fenderwells and threw them in the back yard.

4170403213_c25d3c7309.jpg

Build-day3 009 by maniak_az, on Flickr

Being in the desert it works great for us... Won't work well in the rust belt.

~Mark

I'm thinking about throwing the inner fenders away too. Everything is self contained so screw it

The parts that are green are those the twin i beams? I bought some used 33" 12.50 swampers and want to put them on my 91' if i cut the F.W.'s will they fit ?? Any ides would be great i lost my job so money is non existent at the moment

The green things are the Radius Arms, not the beams. AND, since I have a 4x4, it has Twin Traction Beams, not I-beams.

As far as trimming to fit the 33's, you will need some kind of lift to even be close to fitting them.

~Mark

Back