Fenders - 2 door and 4 door different? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fenders - 2 door and 4 door different?

Everyone,

I just picked up a 94 Sport with a crunched fender. Headed off to the U-Pull-It tomorrow to see if I can grab a replacement. I see online a few places that specifies fenders for 4 doors only, and one or two that specify the same fenders will fit all 1st gens.

Does anyone know the truth? Are 2 and 4 door fenders different? And if so, how?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 door/4 door First gen Explorers are the same from the firewall forward....

Excellent, that is what I suspected. Thanks for the quick answer.

How about second generation? Are they the same as well?

Yes, 2nd gens are also same from the Firewall forward. Cheaper for Ford that way.

Just make sure the fenders you are getting either have or do not have the flare mounting holes in them (depending if you have flares or not). I think all 2nd gen Sports have flares, right?

Originally posted by section525
I think all 2nd gen Sports have flares, right?

I think so.

My 97' Sport has the gray flares. I need the fender w/flare, a door (the doors on the Sport are longer right?) and the window right behind the door, all passanger side, and my X will look like new agian.

Guess I better start calling the junk yards, unless someone here has some they want to sell me.

If you don't mind waiting a short while, I'll have a pair of fenders to sell. They are off a 99, but I beleive they would work.

If the fenders are off of the X in your picture I was kinda hoping for a Red fenders with a Gray flare. That way I dont have to spend more money on having it color matched.

Thanks for the offer though.

Yes, they are green. Well, if you don't find any let me know. I'm just going to put them in my storage unit for now.

Originally posted by DocVijay
Yes, 2nd gens are also same from the Firewall forward. Cheaper for Ford that way.

And I still swear the doors are the same!

I have asked about the doors and some say they are bigger but im not 100% sure either way.

Back