Finally got the 20's on... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally got the 20's on...

Well guys,
I finally got the wheels on my truck. Yes it is 4x4. I had the opening in the front wheels opened up at a machine shop. Here are the specs:

MKW MK9 20" wheels
Toyo Proxes S/T 265/50/20 tires

Let me know what you think.

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by jimabena74
looks liek a warrior 153 shackle is needed...it sags in the back... do the shackle lift so it has a front rake and i think it will look better

definately!! it would so much better if you lifted the back

oops, just read the post about taking the picture on a hill. Maybe I should read all the way down before I respond next time....:D

MIKEY

AWESOME RIDE AND I REALLY LIKE THE WHEELS HOW MUCH DID THOSE BABIES RUN YOU WITH THE TIRES AND HOW IS THE RIDE CONFORMT ON THOSE TIRES AND RIMS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LOVE THE RIMS MAKES IT LOOK REALLY NICE.:D

Thanks,
Fred

The wheels ran me around $1600. The tires were rather pricey. They cost $1000. For the most part I don't think it was too much for a set of 20's. For all the looks I get, It's priceless :).

Mike

damn boy, bling bling the sploder.........looks nice, im personally more of an offroader but i got friends that would love to have that set of 20s on theirs

Hey man job well done picking those rims out. Mine are supposed to be getting here tomorrow. i think i am going to raise the back a little. or just drop the front a little on mine. i noticed sometimes it does look like the back sags a little bit depends on where i am parked. hey how do i get into my profile to change what it says instead of just robert. i noticed that all of you have the mods that are in your rides and i thought it would be nice if i could not share mine with you all. is there a place i can post the pics on here without being in the elite club? thanks.

you know what now that i look at it agin i think the reason people think the back looks lower than the front is that the front has been opened up some so it is an optical illusion. the hill threw me off a little too. looks tough.

Dude! 1000 for tires? That seems like alot to me. Ive spent not more than $150 a tire for my X and the Lexus... Jeeez! :) Do they cost so much because of the wheel size? Hmm.. Hey... How much to get 15" chrome rims with it drilled out for a 4x4? I want some now! :)

nick

Back