Find my lights on in the drive

GentleWheel1067

Reaction score
City, State
North Haven, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hi All,

New member, first time posting. 2006 V6 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. My wife and I have been noticing our running and interior cabin lights turning on randomly out in the driveway hours after being last driven. We've gone out and made sure all doors and hatch are shut each time - never have we found a door open. Its happened enough now that we check out the window before going to bed every night. What could be causing this issue and how would I remedy it?

Thanks in advance.
-DyLan

First guess would be a failing door switch. Can you turn the dimmer down to shut all the interior lights off like the older models?

First guess would be a failing door switch. Can you turn the dimmer down to shut all the interior lights off like the older models?
Unfortunately, my dimmer does not appear to work properly. Turning the dial does not dim anything, only clicks the interior lights on

Are you in a cold snap right now? The interior switch that tells these cars if the doors are open or closed is internal to the door locks, and sometimes freezes or sticks in cold weather.

Back