Finially got decent pics... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finially got decent pics...

Well I finially got a lot of stuff done over thanksgiving break. Finially got rims, as seen on Tommy98016's Saleen and expo5.0's ex. Also tail covers made by expo5.0. Tinted the tail lights, painted the calipers and anti-sway bars, and painted the tail light covers.

Mods shown:

18" Saleen rims w/ Yokohama AVS S/T tires

Explorer Express anti-sway bars.

Painted calipers

Custom tail covers w/ tinted tails.

Clear corners.

Questions:

-Should I remove the pinstripe?

-Should I paint front+rear bumpres & the side moldings white?

-Should I remove the side moldings?
(maybe some photoshop gurus could gimme examples?)

Here are pics of what a 1995 stock limited explorer looks like, minus the white tail wing (I think I'm going to get one of those though :p )

Please excuse the fact that they were taken at night... tonight was the first time I had access to a good digital camera since I put everything on.

Over xmas break I plan on dropping it 1-2" pending successful tweaking of the Air Ride Control system.;) ;)

Attachments

• e9_4.jpg
    e9_4.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,398

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice :D

I'm looking to get those same rims...what the guys name on ebay? I want to make sure there the ones that will fit and hold up to the explorers weight.

Thanks in advance ;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

not sure... search for white rims 18 or something... they dont always have an auction going though... so you'll have to check periodically.

ABOUT THE CRISPNESS

See that's what i was thinking. Because you know w/ limiteds (as you were thinking about changing) they have that slight two tone. Well w/ mine, that "stripe" if you will, is almost white. I believe it's actually Ivory (i know this because when i had my front bumper repainted that was alot of confusion for the shop...idiots....).

I don't know if you stated this or not Hydroxy, but what brand of tires are those?

found a few more pics of the caliper painting while I was being bored....

sorry for crappyness - camera phone =/

10058picture005.jpg

So yea... This is how I take off the wheels when it is jacked up =P Torque wrench + power seats = brakes!! I used a center cap from one of the stock rims to put against the seat to try and spread out the push from the brake pedal.

10058picture00s9.jpg

free Slave labor (too bad he stopped working after one wheel)

10058picture001d.jpg

The sun kinda bleached this out... I just think the car looks funny without wheels on. And the whole caliper is red... just looks grey b/c of the sun

10058picture008.jpg

10058picture007.jpg

notice the crappy smoked tail lights... (hint, never use paint remover on tail lights... IT DOESN'T WORK) I had to put them back on for a few days while I put a few more coats of red tint on my new ones...

10058picture0034.jpg

So it was my first time painting w/ automotive paint (the tail covers, not the tail lights)... didn't realize how much stuff went into the air... Kinda got on the tail lights while they were drying... whoops.

10058picture002sd.jpg

So hydroxy..............do we have a life??? I mean....look at the time.....LOL

Cuz as far as I'm concerned, this is my life (being on here).........

Here is one where I still had my offroad lights out infront... I thought they looked kinda good from far away - but they are gone.. for now...

10058picture016.jpg

party is just getting started =P

Originally posted by hydroxy
party is just getting started =P

Well damn, i don't know about any one else but i'm already messed up.......

What kind of party are you at that the only was you can stay busy is to be on a computer???

And if anyone is doubting what i feel....i can type really well when i feel "very good"....

hahaha... talk to me in a couple days after I have my 745AM exam and i do my dd shift... which will kill my thurs+friday night

hahaha... talk to me in a couple days after I have my 745AM exam and i do my dd shift... which will kill my thurs+friday night

dd= designated driver in your words right???

If that's the case, then you get as f'd up tonight to last you the rest of the weekend............rock on. :chug:

hahaha, I'm saving what I have for end of weekend... I'll have a drinking buddy then ;)

hahaha, I'm saving what I have for end of weekend... I'll have a drinking buddy then ;)

Duuuuude, you soo already have a drinking buddy now. It's just that we're like 2,000 miles away. LOL

Woohoo.......i'm always here to get something started!!!

For example:

"So, what are you doing tonight?".
"well i don't know what are you doing?".
"Well you know, i like beer and such."
" that's about what i'm thinkin..."
"Cool, so what's holding you back???"
"talking to you..............."

YUP......story of my life.

Here is one where I still had my offroad lights out infront... I thought they looked kinda good from far away - but they are gone.. for now...

10058picture016.jpg

You're right, I didn't see em the last time I saw your truck. LOOKS 10X BETTER! You have to admit, they and their mounts were the definition of ghetto

ahaha yea yea... oh well, I gotta find some use for 'em... maybe use them as backup lights =P

explorer4x493: is this what your stock limited looks like?

16745explorer_driver_side__small_.jpg

yes! Thank you. I knew there was a pic out there i just didn't know where it was.

Except i have clear corners, no roof rack, ventshades on the windows, and a painted windjammer.

I think white would look nice on it...

I noticed stock lug nuts on those wheels....no locking lugs = missing wheels :(

Looks clean as hell - ditch the flaps and quit running through crap.

Back