Firestone Spare Tire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Firestone Spare Tire

I had a flat tire today, and i went to go and change it. When i hoisted down the spare tire from underneath the car, i realized that it was a Firestone Wilderness. (one of the ones that were recalled.) Isn't it weird that they didn't replace the spare tire with the recall? Should they have? I bought the car used, so i dont know anything about the tire recall on my X, i just know that i dont have firestones on there.

Yeah, they should have, but probably didn't think about it... I didn't think about mine 'til I got under the truck one time and saw it.. Oops (it's a death tire)... Mine didn't have Firestone's for the regulars either, so I never got it replaced...

You might be able to get it replaced still.. I really don't know.. I'd say talk to Firestone or Ford and find out. Explain that it was the spare and may have been overlooked by accident.

Ford recall ran out last spring, but Firestone should still replace it.

I still have two spare tire Firestone ATX's that are brand new.....:D why replace a perfectly good tire and have them drill a hole in it if you only need it for emergencies? It shouldn't blow out on the way home from a flat tire......

Back