Flooding problem/need help.. stumped | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flooding problem/need help.. stumped

i wouldnt replace sensors while looking for a problem. dont throw money at it. it could be something simple...and those sensors get expensive

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't replace them willy nilly, that is just silly HAHAHA :D

you can test each and every sensor with a multimeter to see if it is giving you the proper data. If something is out of spech then replace it, otherwise don't fill the landfill with good parts :thumbsup:

Other than knowing that they exist, I've never used one, so I don't know a lot about them. I've always just used a voltmeter or the CEL itself as my code reader (Read through the aforementioned stickies for a description of the test protocol).

I think some people like to buy the code reader because they find it easier to follow the instructions that come with the code reader, or because they pay enough to get a code reader that outputs code numbers/definitions rather than just a blinking light, and they feel that makes it easier.

I personally don't feel that it's worth the cost to buy an EEC-IV code reader. But if it will be easier for you, go ahead.

Thanks very much for your timely response!... It is good to know I can save money and time by using my cheap voltmeter to read error codes. I also agree with you about the convenience of knowing the test protocol.

However I must admit I lack basic knowledge about common terms you have used in your explanation. I found I needed to understand the meaning of terms: "CEL" and "stickies". I was lost searching the web for both terms in the context of "error code scanners" and this forum FAQ.

I imagine "stickies" is a kind of link I can access from the forum page but I can see anything like that in the pages allowed to me so far. Is it a feature available to elite members? In such case would you be so kind as to provide me with the Internet location address for those referred descriptions of the test protocol?

Thanks again for your help!

termonology can kill us all in the long run.

"stickie" - is a posted thread that has been set to "stickie" which basically means that is stays at the top of a specific forum. For example if you go to the transmission forum you will notice that the first page or so is nothing but stickies they stay there until the moderator decides to remove them.

CEL - Check Engine Light

termonology can kill us all in the long run.

"stickie" - is a posted thread that has been set to "stickie" which basically means that is stays at the top of a specific forum. For example if you go to the transmission forum you will notice that the first page or so is nothing but stickies they stay there until the moderator decides to remove them.

CEL - Check Engine Light

Manaen, Do you have a page that describe the procedure?

it is the first stickie in the "under the hood" -> EEC-IV forum..

If you are inexpirienced with reading code as MrShorty said it may be worth the 30$ to buy a EEC-IV code reader from your local parts store

Back