Fog light replacement recommendations | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog light replacement recommendations

MikeCallery

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT Tri-Coat
I saw today that one of my fog lights glass is shattered.

I researched the price on eBay and have no issue buying another set, but I never have been crazy about them to begin with. I seemed to notice that there is a commonality amongst quite a few fog lamps so maybe I am not limited to just a Ford branded part????

I would much prefer to go quality aftermarket, street legal but a good replacement. Does any company make replacements that the end-user can install w/o getting a second mortgage??

I would look into a recycle yard that has your year and see if you can replace the glass part of the unit or just get the whole thing for less than your first born. Then replace the lamps, should look good as new. Just my 2 cents. Have a good day Pete

I gave some thought to a recycle yard but went new instead. I have never been happy with the OEM fog lights and recently went with The Retrofit Source for HID's. I have to say that I have been very impressed with TRS's quality and the lights since I installed them, so, I went with TRS's fog lights as well. I think they will be in by Friday and I have a broken fog light bracket that I have to replace so Friday is Explorer Upgrade Day again.

Back