• Register Today It's free!

Fog light switch mod

1996explorerxlt

Reaction score
City, State
Marshfield, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00Mounty+96X both V8 AWD
I tried searching and didnt find anything to useful. I did this mod on my old taurus SHO and worked awesome. This mod allows the foglights to be turned on with the parking lights. And when the highbeams are used the fogs still stay on cause the power comes from the parking lights and not the low beams.

1. I took the headlight power that usually powers the fogs, cut and capped it about 2" from the switch.

2. Then took the parking light power to the switch and cut it 2" from the switch too.

3. Then connected the parking light power that was cut to the two cut 2" wires from the switch all together.

I then turned the headlight switch to parking lights and tested the connections with no fog switch connected and everything should work, right?

But no! I wonder if i fried the fog switch. Cause i used a jump wire and connected the dash power wire(parking light now) to the fog light wire and they were on! I will have a technician at my dealership test the switch tomorrow.

But if anyone has any ideas let me know,
THANKS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

newc5188 said:
I couldn't exactly follow your steps properly because I have not yet attempted this mod but it sounds like youre trying to do what is discussed in this topic.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31137

Hopefully this helps you. :)

I just did this mod, and it had worked great. Just follow the directions on the 4th or 5th post down.

Does that work for 95-98? At the top it says 99 to 01...

I have a 98, and it work like a charm for me. If you have more questions, ask away..

Back