For those with Nav .... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For those with Nav ....

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT 202A Bdx Tow Nav
We picked up our Explorer last Friday. From previous test drives and the initial drive at pickup, the little speed limit sign was displayed in the right LCD under the Nav menu (right LCD of main instrument cluster). My wife indicated later in the afternoon there was an automatic MFT update and now the speed limit sign is gone.

Does anyone still have the little speed limit sign displayed? Any way to "enable" this feature?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I only see the speed limit sign when I am on highway

I think I only see the speed limit sign when I am on highway

I recall seeing the sign on various roads but your point may be correct. The nav database may only have speed data for certain roads.

I've only seen it on the freeway, unlike my Garmin which has most major roads.

I see it on most roads, not just highways. Every so often I'll hit a road with no speed limit sign, but that's not very often. I've got v2.8 and Nav.

How long has 2.8 been out? I only see it on the highway.

I currently have 2.7 and the speed limits show up on US Hwys/Interstates, State Hwys, and some other major roads.

Was that a dealer install?

No, I took it off the SYNC site. I can't say that I've noticed any changes in function so far.

Was that a dealer install?

And since you brought that up, I wonder why so many can't do the updates themselves. It's really very easy, and after doing it a couple of times all the anxiety goes away.
It's as if some are being told that you must go to the dealer and pay for this 10-minute procedure.

No, I took it off the SYNC site. I can't say that I've noticed any changes in function so far.

Boss, good job! What old version did you update....2.4.....2.7?

Did this wipe-out some of your presets and navigation stuff stored to "favorites"?

The dealership update my 2.4 to version 2.7 about 2 weeks ago. I see no noticeable differences, but I wan not having any problems either. The update did wipe-out a lot of my presets. This did not make me too happy.:(

OK, I'm reading conflicting statements. I have vs. 2.4 and was told by Ford Sync that I must go to dealer to get update. Now I'm hearing some say they did it themselves. What's the truth?

OK, I'm reading conflicting statements. I have vs. 2.4 and was told by Ford Sync that I must go to dealer to get update. Now I'm hearing some say they did it themselves. What's the truth?

Both are true. Do yourself, or go to the dealership. Take your pick.

I tried to update from vs. 2.4 to 2.7 and nothing happened at the sync site so I called and they said 2.7 was a dealer install and I had to go to the dealer. Has anyone updated from 2.4 to 2.7 by doing it themselves?

Ahhhhhhhh. I don' think you can update that yourself. I remember reading somewhere that the dealer had to do it as it was a reboot of the system or something like that.
Yada yada yada. I'm going to the dealer.

I don't think you did... There have been no user installable updates published to the sync site as of yet. Log into sync, look on the right side of the screen, what version does it say you have installed?

Both are true. Do yourself, or go to the dealership. Take your pick.

both aren't true, no Sync updates have been published via the site as of yet. The only thing available on the site is the "status checker" which just takes your current version and uploads it back to the site to make them match.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And since you brought that up, I wonder why so many can't do the updates themselves. It's really very easy, and after doing it a couple of times all the anxiety goes away.
It's as if some are being told that you must go to the dealer and pay for this 10-minute procedure.

lol, because as of yet, no updates are available to "do themselves". The only thing available on the sync site is the status checker tool, which is not an update. It merely takes the version from your MFT and then uploads it back to the site to make them match.

Back