Ford Dealer says they do not provide SD cards for upgrade | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Dealer says they do not provide SD cards for upgrade

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
Well first, the Sync site is down and the Ford Dealer in leesburg, VA (jerry's Ford) said they will not provide the SD card and I have to wait until I get it in the mail. He said he was never informed that he had to do the upgrade with the SD card and wanted me to fax him the printout from the SYCN site (of course its down now).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think some of these dealers may be holding on to their sd cards for their inventory vehicles. Although i did mine at the dealer and they gave me the sd card, he asked me to bring mine in when i receive it in the mail.

My dealer had no problem with providing me an SD card and updating my software - NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

It's obvious all dealers are not in sync (pun intended). My lease dealer told me Monday you'll get it in mail conversation ended, nearest dealer to me same thing. Today called one more close dealer, told them what IVT phone support me that I'm only getting flash drive in mail not sd. The dealer today said no way you'll get both in mail nothing we can do. After a little convo (me arguing, her polite) she said hold on. After a couple minutes she said come in I'll give you the personal one of my service supervisor. I said you don't understand, i need the sd card not flash drive, I already updated!!! (me still in arguement mode, her polite) she said joe come in I'm trying to help you. I said I'll be right there... Well, she understood perfectly did some paperwork and handed me his new sd card!!!! Nicest dealer I have ever dealt with!!!!!!

No its not the dealers fault, the big issue is that the right is not talking to the left hand and there is a bunch of mis in formed dealers out there call ford and tell them what is going on i did today and my sd card will be at the dealer on monday and it will be taken care of also on monday!

Similar story here. They said when I got the package in the mail they would be happy to install it for me. I explained to them that Ford told me I would have to get it done by them and they would need to give me the SD card. He politely argued with me and I reiterated that Ford had told me this. He said he had to make some phone calls. When he returned my call he told me to bring it in and he would give me the card. The only good news is that I will also get the rain noise and streaky window issues fixed at the same time. Of course he didn't know anything about those issues either, but at least I had the TSBs for him. All I know is thank God for this forum. It is the only thing which keeps me out of the dark with this car. Very frustrating to say the least!

It's sad how owners that need the A3 SD card are being jerked around, yet these cards are starting to pop-up in ebay THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A FREE UPGRADE!!! :thumbdwn::

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A3-Latest-U...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2c63cddc98&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-2...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item35ba38f4ae&vxp=mtr

The second listing says they have seven SD card available!!! :eek:

Hmm, can it be that dealers are purposely hoarding these cards???:mad:

Not really my issue though, since I have MFT but no NAV, just saying!:D

My dealer had no problem with providing me an SD card and updating my software - NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

I'm scheduled to receive my USB and card via the mail but I didn't want to wait so I asked the dealer to do it while my car was in for TSB fixes. The only thing they asked is I give them mine when I receive them.

Not sure if they are doing this becuase my concerns with their treatment of me for TSB repair was sent up to customer service or not.

Dealer is Freedom Ford in Norfolk VA.

I'm scheduled to receive my USB and card via the mail but I didn't want to wait so I asked the dealer to do it while my car was in for TSB fixes. The only thing they asked is I give them mine when I receive them.

Not sure if they are doing this becuase my concerns with their treatment of me for TSB repair was sent up to customer service or not.

Dealer is Freedom Ford in Norfolk VA.
I just spoke with the IVT team and was told that because I have to take my vehicle to the dealer I would not be receiving anything in the mail. Spoke with the dealer and they confirmed that as well. They are waiting for the cards to be received, hopefully in the next week.

Peter

Have a 1/12 build LTD and was able to download the upgrade off of syncmyride. One of the first questions the site asks is if your ex has nav. You would think Ford would know which units have nav or not since the syncmyride web site is vin specific. In any case after downloading upgrade, I called dealer on 3/14 and asked if they had nav cards in stock. Told me to come on in and get one. In and out of the dealer in less than 10 mins.

It's sad how owners that need the A3 SD card are being jerked around, yet these cards are starting to pop-up in ebay THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A FREE UPGRADE!!! :thumbdwn::

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A3-Latest-U...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2c63cddc98&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-2...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item35ba38f4ae&vxp=mtr

The second listing says they have seven SD card available!!! :eek:

Hmm, can it be that dealers are purposely hoarding these cards???:mad:

Not really my issue though, since I have MFT but no NAV, just saying!:D

Ford should investigate this! Obviously a Ford employee who needs to be fired!

Have a 1/12 build LTD and was able to download the upgrade off of syncmyride. One of the first questions the site asks is if your ex has nav. You would think Ford would know which units have nav or not since the syncmyride web site is vin specific. In any case after downloading upgrade, I called dealer on 3/14 and asked if they had nav cards in stock. Told me to come on in and get one. In and out of the dealer in less than 10 mins.
Did syncmyride tell you to get the dealer to do the upgrade? If so, and you downloaded it from the site, you may have problems. From what I've read on other threads, those that are instructed to have the dealer do it have to get a 'reflash' of the system. Something not done by downloading it. That, apparently, is why the instruction is there.

Anyone that downloaded from the site and were told to have dealer do it should read the last few posts on A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update.

Peter

The second listing says they have seven SD card available!!!

Hmm, can it be that dealers are purposely hoarding these cards???
I would guess to make sure that customers that don't receive the card in the mail can be taken care of. What happens if you move after your lease/purchase? Just because you change your address for Ford Credit or whoever the lienholder is, will all the mailings automatically follow? Second, Ford has to make sure that they have enough available, and they probably don't know precisely.

More than likely that is the case. An employee got fired after getting caught in my area for selling key fobs, owner's manuals, and other merchandise on ebay. He was using his real name, and a co-worker browsing spotted the activity. The dealer prosecuted and estimated losses at $75,000 +. The other explanation for why these cards have showed up on Ebay is that everyday people are not saving and using them them properly but selling them.

These are free at a dealer, if you have nav. If you don't have nav , they are useless. If not a theft this is at least a con! Perhaps it's a secret IQ test. If you buy you are dumb as a rock.

Stuff winding up on ebay happens all the time, concert tickets, kidneys, new cameras just out but not available to people yet, now MFT NAV Updates...welcome to the internet. Not saying its right and hope they catch them.

That said I spoke to Ford IVT today and they said I have 2 choices. Wait for mail to come in a couple weeks or the dealers can give out cards from their fleet stock and get it replaced. All they have to do is order it, procedure is on "FSA document" (whatever that is?) or dealer can call for replacement card for the one they gave out. They can call (877.945.3648), that number is for dealers!!

Mine gets done Monday....may go to church even and light candles this weekend. :confused:

Same issue here, just spoke with my local dealer. They claim they can't do any sort of upgrade until I receive something in the mail. I told them the SyncMyRide website and a IVT Rep told me to bring it to them but there not wanting to hear it. Can anything be smooth with this vehicle?

Couldn't wait, called dealer

Asked if I could come in for install, told me to come right over. They upgraded MFT and put in a new NAV card. Haven't received anything the mail yet.

My dealer is as nice and helpful as can be!

You guys better off @ the dealer. Pray first if you are going to wait via mail. This was a nationwide upgrade, delaer, internet, mail. They should have done it in one place, @ the dealer using the VIN. Do not buy any cards outhere, they are free!!! no cold cash, no eBay, no Amazon, etc. Do not venture in getting one outside the Ford network.
Mine was done at the dealer, very prof, corteus, coffee, cookies, showroom, etc.

I think some of these dealers may be holding on to their sd cards for their inventory vehicles. Although i did mine at the dealer and they gave me the sd card, he asked me to bring mine in when i receive it in the mail.

Same with me, but no upgrade kit has come to my house. I don't understand why Ford tells us that they will send it to us and never does. This leaves the dealer holding the bag for all the upgrades.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:wavey:
You guys better off @ the dealer. Pray first if you are going to wait via mail. This was a nationwide upgrade, delaer, internet, mail. They should have done it in one place, @ the dealer using the VIN. Do not buy any cards outhere, they are free!!! no cold cash, no eBay, no Amazon, etc. Do not venture in getting one outside the Ford network.
Mine was done at the dealer, very prof, corteus, coffee, cookies, showroom, etc.
Welcome to the Forum rmarquez1958.
Cookies you say. I'll have to speak to my dealer. I get coffee and a free wash/dry, but no cookies. :(

Peter

Back