• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer 2016 LS

retgeorge

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016-Ford-Explorer Platin
Has ford-explorer dropped limited slip rear axle on all it 2016 4x4 models? It is offered in Expedition 2016 models.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No Explorer after 2010 has had a LSD.

It has an open diff but it uses brakes to stop the wheel that is spinning freely from moving, transferring power to the other wheel. Working sort of like a limited slip differential. From my experience, it's okay, but it works. Here's a demonstration of it working (Same system on the 2016 as it is in the 2011)

https://youtu.be/iRZAr2viWtU?t=232

Ford Explorer 2016 4x4

Thanks for the link video, it gives me insight to the system. I have Ford Explorer 2006 with limited slip rear axle advance track and I have got use to it. I Like the 2016 Jeep because it offers limited slip rear axle and has more ground clearance, but it does not come with the same options as Platinum for the price. Also not sure I can get the same deal, because of the AZ pland Through Ford.

Thanks for the link video, it gives me insight to the system. I have Ford Explorer 2006 with limited slip rear axle advance track and I have got use to it. I Like the 2016 Jeep because it offers limited slip rear axle and has more ground clearance, but it does not come with the same options as Platinum for the price. Also not sure I can get the same deal, because of the AZ pland Through Ford.

If you want a true 4X4 don't buy the Explorer. You will be sorely disappointed. It's a girly car that's not meant for off road use. Basically a Ford Taurus with a station wagon body.

If you want a true 4X4 don't buy the Explorer. You will be sorely disappointed. It's a girly car that's not meant for off road use. Basically a Ford Taurus with a station wagon body.
How about - "If you want an off road vehicle, go buy one designed for that use"?

Back