from parking to drive and from 2nd to drive... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

from parking to drive and from 2nd to drive...

alialsalem

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLS
my transmission just get rebuilt,ford xls 99,from parking to drive,take reverse and no drive, but, from 2nd to drive no problem take the drive..the problem is begining from parking,ahhh ,and the check engine on...thank you very much...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im sorry,after the transmission was rebuilt...

now i have more problems,the check engine light remain on,the o/d light is flashing,when i change from parking level to drive position,drive doesnt work,but if i do it from the 2nd or 1rst position,drive works,and is not doing the o/d.can someone give me some help? ,please...it can be a electrical plug? or i have to put down the trans again,i hope no.i still having 90 days for the warranty.thank you ...very much to all of you...

now i have more problems,the check engine light remain on,the o/d light is flashing,when i change from parking level to drive position,drive doesnt work,but if i do it from the 2nd or 1rst position,drive works,and is not doing the o/d.can someone give me some help? ,please...it can be a electrical plug? or i have to put down the trans again,i hope no.i still having 90 days for the warranty.thank you ...very much to all of you...

I am experiencing the same problem. Could you tell me what your problem was?
Thanks..... please reply to wpmattson@juno.com

thanks techieman33,wpmattson....

thanks for your replies...i dont want to think that is a inside transmission problem..is a hard work to take it down and put it back again...

techie, thank you again...

techieman33 thanks for your advice...nice to meet you brother...take care...

scanner machine...

the scanner found 3 bad selenoids,and one torque corverter code...warranty with it, thats the word....

i get this....

crank open ,the body valves were verify and selenoids,put it back again and now is working better,just remain the o/d flashing and the check engine light on.but its chaging normally..parking to reverse to drive to 2nd to 1rst...a little bit happy...i think was some metal particles mix with the oil...

Back