Front door speaker wire color code? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front door speaker wire color code?

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Which wire in the right front door ( speaker wire ) is the positive and which is the negative? There is a white wire and a colored wire.

Also what about the left front? I have yet to pull that panel?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to the Haynes manual's circuit diagram the front right speaker should be White/LightGreen and DarkGreen/Orange. Left Front is Orange/LightGreen and LightBlue/White.

The manual doesn't mark either as + or -. On the other diagrams with DC circuits it does show which is + and which is -.

+/- should not matter because the input into the speaker is Alternating Current.

Anyway.

I was under the impression that the polarity did matter, am I mistaken?

Thanks.....

Originally posted by Nozler
According to the Haynes manual's circuit diagram the front right speaker should be White/LightGreen and DarkGreen/Orange. Left Front is Orange/LightGreen and LightBlue/White.

Thanks, I do so much appreciate your help.

I have subsequently found out that on the right front the White/lt gr is the positive wire. On the left front, the orange/gr is the positive.

Thanks again.....

Well, in theory it shouldn't because it is Alternating Current. This is what I learned from the Electronic Circuits course.

hello everybody. i just purchased an infinity basslink off e-bay and it should be here in a few days. i have the mach audio, i was wondering if the wire colors were the same for the "typical base audio system" as shown in my haynes manual and the wires for my mach system? thanks alot.

-ken :usa:

Back