front end conversion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front end conversion

alright im sure this has been asked before......But what ALL do i have to do to convert my gen one front end to a gen one mountaineer front end please let me know thanks guys highly detailed would be pirfect and thanks again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, usually front end conversions would be done with fiberglass fenders, front clip and hood, form somewhere like Perrys Fab N fiber.

THe headlights would have to be changed to the newer style.

OF course this applies to a second Gen Ex front, and not a Mountaineer front. The fenders should be easy to convert, as is the hood, but the grille and headlights might pose a problem.

i am sure you could do the whole front clip... the explorers 1st and second gen are basically the same from firewall back.... and a new clip means that the fenders and hood will mount up too.....

i will be changing our gen 1 to a 2nd gen front end. the only thing i will need from the junk yard is the headerpanel, readiator core support, lights/markers, and wiper cowl. i'll be getting the hood, fenders, and bumper from a member on the site.

Look at the main page for Ricks writeup on his explorer... He did the same thing.

his write up tells me nothing about what i need but thanks anyway

getting rude with someone is always a good idea, especially someone just pointing you in what he thinks is the right direction!

Definately the right way to make friends and get to know people on the board.

I'm not a moderator and maybe I just overstepped but it sure does annoy me when people get snappy...on a MESSAGE BOARD.

i had asked rick to see if had changed the radiator core support, he had not since his truck is a trail only rig. if you want everything to line up such as for a street truck he suggested getting a radiator core support (it is a little short height wise if i remember correctly) from a 2nd gen so it looks better.

You will need a header panel, yes. But be sure it is for the year of front end that you use. There was a change in 98 or 99. LOL,
DonW

I don't think a first get to a second gen swap is gonna be that easy.
It will be A LOT more than a header panel swap I can assure you

I know it wont be easy but im not looking for superb results, its going to be an offroad truck, so not all the lines have to line up.

Back