Front end Head aches!

EliteRaven

Reaction score
City, State
Ravena NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 2dr Explorer XL
Hello all,

I have had my 92 sport for about a year now and I have finaly gotten off my butt and started fixing its major problems. I picked it up for a meer 400 beans cant beat that with a stick. had to replace 3 windows (the guys ex decided she didnt like windows) which cost me around 700 (darn glass is expensive). The only problem is it was being used as a farm truck so the rockers are gone and the front end had the crap kicked out of it. I tell you what I think every cow on the guys farm lined up to crap in the truck tooke 2 hours to clean it of and I am still findin crap int he frame. Heres what I have gotten done so far.
replaced the rear brakes
replaced front springs
replaced front shocks
replaced 4x4 actuator
fixed hatch lock
misc crap wipers etc
New Tires
fixed autolocking hubs ( clips need to be bent to hold on to spindle)
broke the darne stud that holds the shock ont he passenger front God that sucked. had to drill it out and replace with a hardened steel bold hope it holds

Heres my Big question. I went in for a alignment because the truck pulls real bad to the right and the toeing sucked. they told me I needed to put in camber adjesters so I went and bought them. went to put them in and sure enought they were already in there. went back and they said they were not big enough to fix my sagging camber so they suggested either new adjusters(maybe or I should just be done with it and replace the springs) so I have just spent my whole weekend doing that not a real easy job. saw the shock had seen better days so I thought they should go at the same time.
I now have all the parts in and the camber is now the opposite way tops of wheels are pointing out instead of in did I fix my problem?
Also my steering is loose as a goose I was wondering how I would go about tightening it back up any help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance for any help.

Len

sounds like balljoints may be bad... check out the power steering unit....... as fot the alignment, go get it aligned now that you replaced stuff (after the balljoints, if you decide to do them too)

A 92 and......

you havent changed the radius arm bushings yet? Mine were banging around on my 92 and broke off pieces of the cross member. Replaced these and the steering pull cleared up too.

thanx for the help guys I ended up putting in all new front bearings and that cleared up most of the trouble just have a slight pull to the right now hoping replacing the lower ball joints will finish that off. Thanx again

Len

Back