• Register Today It's free!

front grille

paulfrank285

Reaction score
City, State
Union, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 EXP XLT
did a quick search but nothing came up or i overlooked...sorry if there is a thread already exists.

question: do you think it's easy to replace the 2011 Explorer front grille? is it going to be expensive?

i know the front grille is body-colored on the Limited. I ordered my XLT in sterling grey, and the front grille is also grey as standard on XLT. just wondering if it's easy and/or affordable enough to replace it with a chromed grille to match the sides and door-handles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did a quick search but nothing came up or i overlooked...sorry if there is a thread already exists.

question: do you think it's easy to replace the 2011 Explorer front grille? is it going to be expensive?

i know the front grille is body-colored on the Limited. I ordered my XLT in sterling grey, and the front grille is also grey as standard on XLT. just wondering if it's easy and/or affordable enough to replace it with a chromed grille to match the sides and door-handles.

I was thinking the same thing today. The front on my ingot silver looks a little plain. Thinking of having it painted black to match the lower body or chromed. Hopefully some aftermarked manufacturer will make a cool grill.

wdinsd: black is also the color that i consider besides chrome. i originally want a black XLT but black exterior is difficult to maintain specially after snow days, so i ordered sterling grey (my current 05 Xterra is also grey). now, with the grey color and grey front grille, the tone is very mono! Well, let's see, it may not be that bad (i didn't really get a good look at a sterling grey XLT from the front, only the black ones).

wdinsd: black is also the color that i consider besides chrome. i originally want a black XLT but black exterior is difficult to maintain specially after snow days, so i ordered sterling grey (my current 05 Xterra is also grey). now, with the grey color and grey front grille, the tone is very mono! Well, let's see, it may not be that bad (i didn't really get a good look at a sterling grey XLT from the front, only the black ones).

I'm sure someone will come up with a slight change. I can live with it until it though. Right now I'm still on the waiting list. Only been 2 weeks now. just 8 more if the dealer is correct.

i know; mine is not even a week yet; just ordered last Tuesday morning!

Back