Front plate mounting hardware - 2003 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front plate mounting hardware - 2003

03ExploKRV

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT V6
Does anyone know where to purchase the hardware to mount my front license plate bracket to my 2003? Does Ford sell just the hardware?

I've read about these being long rivet type mounting pins but was wondering if something else can be jerry rigged to hold the bracket in place?

Anyone have any tips or advice it would be appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been looking for the bracket for a while too... :popcorn:

I just screwed mine to the bumper using self tapping screws. It has been on for over 2 years with no problems:

picture.php

I saw a guy buying the whole assy at ford dealer last visit I believe it was $21

I ripped my plate on a rock and just screwed it back on.. its still there.

Most dealer parts dept. has the rivet gun to use the required plastic rivets. Out here in the West they let you use it in the parking lot. Literally at 15 second job. Click,click and you're done. Regular metal rivet gun does not work.

Most dealer parts dept. has the rivet gun to use the required plastic rivets. Out here in the West they let you use it in the parking lot. Literally at 15 second job. Click,click and you're done. Regular metal rivet gun does not work.

Mine came screwed on(liscensce plate mount) when I got it though the front bumper was replaced after hitting a deer by stealer...

Back