front wheel bearing help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front wheel bearing help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Linky no worky.

I paid around $180 for a new one on my Explorer if that helps you out at all.

$180 is a fair price for the bearing, just making sure they offer "LIFE TIME WARRANTY" and are made by TIMKEN (OE part). If you were any closer, I would have offer my spare.

Warrenties

I'm horrible for checking on warrenties and I've replaced both sides three times now. Last time I found 'em on eBay for $90 a side.

Usually it's $200ish from a parts store.

You need to keey your receipt if you have to replace it that often. They are inter-change able to either side. I would just buy only one with lifetime warranty and get the other anywhere.

Well, old post but if you seriously believe $180 is a fair price for a bearing....well.... A hub assy yes.... wow

Im replacing the hub assembly on my explorer and I got my bearings for 92.00 shipped to my door from a site called carpartswholesale.com excellent site IMO. I had the old ones out in about and hr and going to put the new ones in today. Some of the how to's on here are very helpful :)

its an OEM replacment Timkin bearings popped them in and whammo no more noise. Its a great site I think my wife ordered a new fog light assembly for me cause my other got destoryed by a rock. She got it for only 45 bucks. They are based out of CA but if you can wait a few days on the shipping the savings are well worth it and they send ou email updates with discount codes so when you order something else you can get a little discount. Theses days anything is better than nothing. My wife found the site so mad props to her.:thumbsup:

its an OEM replacment Timkin bearings

mmmm....no. Thought that was too good to be true...and it is.

The Timken bearing is $156.37...which is a heck of a price by the way. Add $10 to $20 for shipping. The one you paid $92 for is an offshore bearing and by no means is OEM quality replacement. Call 'em and ask them. At least they are honest about it.

when I opened the box and read the stamp in the side of the bearing race it says Timken. Oh well who knows its back together and on the road again. Thats all I care about. Looking at the site again it says direct OE replacement. Either mine were replaced one time or Ford put Timken assemblies in there. But I see your point. Either way Im happy I dont have that noise anymore.

Im probably going to be changing bearings soon in my 97, good to know Timken is what to look for :).

Were using Timken bearings to replace all the old bearings in a Case loaders transmission :)

Back