• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Gauge Light

gpaps

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.6L V8
I have a '92 EB Explorer and the other night i ran out (first time since I bought the truck five years ago) of gas but no warning light appeared. I was wondering if my warning light was out or even if the truck has one? If not, is there any warning light accessory that can be added? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry

Splorers didn't come with idoit lights until 95'. Just watch your fuel gauge and use the trip odometer. I don't know of any prebab add on for an idoit light, but with a little work, you could easily wire up a red LED or something form your tank to your dash.

later

And after '95? I don't think my '97 has one, and I run the tank pretty much down. BTW, I really like those lights as a reminder, that you REALLY should get some gas. Guess I'm an idiot :D

Originally posted by donkey boy
And after '95? I don't think my '97 has one, and I run the tank pretty much down. BTW, I really like those lights as a reminder, that you REALLY should get some gas. Guess I'm an idiot :D

Your '97 should set your "Check Gage" light when you get low (really low!). My '97 comes on when I have about 2 gallons left in the tank.

Originally posted by donkey boy

My 96 has one. I never ran the tank down far enough to set it off, but if I'm pretty low on fuel and i park it nose down on a steep incline, when I start it up again, the light comes on. You might try that to check and see if yours is working without risking actually running out of gas.

I usually run for another 25 miles after the light comes on....:cool:

Uhhh... so my 94 doesnt have one?! Jeez.. I guess I should stop saying to myself "Hmmm.. well the light hasnt come on yet so I guess Im okay..."

Nick

Back