Fuel hose, rail to frame...

JoshT

Reaction score
City, State
Middle Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ranger
- TL/DR -
Has anyone replaced the hardline between the frame and engine with a braided (or other flexible) hose? If so, what did you use for the replacement? Off the shelf solution available, or mix and match parts to make your own?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy!

My 5.0 Ranger swap is getting closer and closer to completion. Car broke on saturday which took too much tim eon Sunday diagnosing. Turned out to be the shifter cable broke a bushing causing it to be stuck in drive. Parts should be installed tomorrow, and full focus back on the swap.

Waiting for a few parts still to arrive Radiator and Muffler should be delivered tomorrow. Few more exhaust bits to be delivered on Thursday. Other than those it's bolting on small parts to finish the front dress and figuring out a few odds and ends. Namely fill tube modification (not using Explore valve covers), fuel hose, and what bolts go where. I think the first is figured, just need to test fit with everything in place. For the last I swear that I bagged everything as it came apart, yet it still got mixed up somewhere along the way, probably when searching for missing nuts that have since been replaced.

Anyhow I'm starting this thread about the fuel hose so I should probably get to the point. 2000 Explorer donor, so returnless system and only one hose going from the frame rail to the fuel rail. The stock hardline doesn't seem to fit well with the valve covers I'm using, stock Mustang cast aluminum. I can probably gently bend it to fit better for now, but long term I'd like to find a better/nicer solution.

Has anyone replaced the hardline between the rail and engine with a braided (or other flexible) hose? If so, what did you use for the replacement?

I see the push connect to AN line adapters and could probably piece something together using those and a premade AN hose, but I don't know where to start on sizing.

Back