Getting New Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting New Sport

carsangelop

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
Just left the dealership He has a 2016 Sport coming in next week.Magnetic Metallic 401a package Trading in my 2013 Limited 66k miles
I have had a new Explorer every 3 years from 1994 I was really disappointed
with Ford on the 2013 mainly with the bubbling hood paint It was just out of warranty and Ford or the dealer would do nothing for me I looked elsewhere
but could find nothing that suited my needs.I test drove a GMC Acadia Denali
which was nice Way more $ and no key less entry or start
The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee is not due out for awhile so I will give Ford another shot and keep a close eye on the paint issues
I sat down with my salesman who by the way I bought all my previous Explorers from and told him my concerns He did me right and gave me a good trade and deep discount on the 2016.Keep you all posted

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford screwed you on your last one with the hood paint issues and you still come back and buy another one? This is why they continue to screw people and not correct their issues. You better look hard at the hood paint on that new one...Good luck!

Ford screwed you on your last one with the hood paint issues and you still come back and buy another one? This is why they continue to screw people and not correct their issues. You better look hard at the hood paint on that new one...Good luck!

1 of 6 vehicles that had an issue since 1994...hardly a case of being "screwed over".LOL

1 of 6 vehicles that had an issue since 1994...hardly a case of being "screwed over".LOL
yea really cant complain about the others Had a little read end whine on my 2010
Took care of it under warranty no problem.All the others were great . In the 3 years I have them I put anywhere between 65k and 80k on them. My 2010 had 79 k on it when I traded it
The hood paint had me a little pissed because it is a known problem on the aluminum hoods Hope they fixed it on the 16

Just left the dealership He has a 2016 Sport coming in next week.Magnetic Metallic 401a package Trading in my 2013 Limited 66k miles

I have my magnetic 2016 Sport 401a for about 3 weeks. Since I didn't want any other options besides the 401a (in Magnetic or Silver), locating one was difficult. Had to relocate one from VA...I'm in SE PA as well.

yea really cant complain about the others Had a little read end whine on my 2010
Took care of it under warranty no problem.All the others were great . In the 3 years I have them I put anywhere between 65k and 80k on them. My 2010 had 79 k on it when I traded it
The hood paint had me a little pissed because it is a known problem on the aluminum hoods Hope they fixed it on the 16

Sorry to tell you but they haven't fixed the hoods on the 2016. Be sure to look that hood over good before you sign... You got a good color, as almost every shadow black hood I have looked at have some form of paint issue.

Back