• Register Today It's free!

Gibson Part# for 4.6L STA

Destyn2001

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 SportTrac Adrenaline
Anyone know the part# for the Gibson Exhaust for the 4.6L STA ?

Or is it universal tip at the end, honestly I have never been under my truck which is a shame.

Many Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used the Gibson SS on my STA. I had to have a muffler shop modify the overaxle portion of the tailpipe . He had to cut off the side exit and flair the stock rear exit pipe to fit. He welded it together about 2" in front of the rear hanger. Worked out well.

Here's a few random pics from my gibson install. Its mostly a bolt on but you have to modify the last section of tubing. you will need a mandrel bent piece of 3" stainless, about 45deg.

IMG_20130121_185109.gif

IMG_20130121_185051.gif

IMG_20130121_185056.gif

IMG_20130303_221906.gif

Notice in the last picture, the gibson pipe was cut just rear of the hanger, then a new section of 3" with a 45deg bend was tig'd in to turn it straight back to the adrenalin exit. I used stainless band clamps instead of the u bolts that came with the kit. also the gibson design for reusing the bolts to the y pipe collector are dumb and don't work well. you will probably need to use some new bolts there. The 3" kit is a tight fit by the rear half shaft, mine slipped on the first test drive and was rubbing the CV. alignment was a pain, but after getting it all installed it has been trouble free for a few years, 30k miles.

How good does it sound? Looking to do an exhaust this winter. Want something that will not have any highway drone and have a nice throat when you get into it. Primarily want to get rid of the wheez bag stocker. When I get into it, sounds like I have 100 psi of back pressure!

It sounds alot like a stock mustang...growly when you get on it but no mind numbing drone at cruise.

Back