Glove box door removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glove box door removal

bigdude2468

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XT
Has anyone replaced the glove box door? The retaining wire broke on ours so when it opened it overextended breaking the two end clips. The middle three are just a hook that snaps on the bar but the end ones are solid with holes through them. I have found a used door but do not understand how to remove the box to install the new one, any help????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a look at this to see if it helps.

Peter

My suggestion would be to remove the airbag that is just above the knee space and then you will be able to access the white pins much, much easier. I found this method out after spending a couple of hours trying to put the damn pins back in after I removed them to replace the cabin air filter. I broke the eyelets off of the box and had to buy new.
Very easy to remove air bag. 2 screws and 2 plastic pins and you are able to lower down...be careful to not twist or pull on the wire harness.
After getting the box in place, simply reverse the procedure. Should take about 10 minutes to do.
Robert

Maybe disconnect the battery to avoid a “big airbag surprise”. Just to be careful.

Good luck.

Maybe disconnect the battery to avoid a “big airbag surprise”. Just to be careful.

Good luck.

Good point. The battery should always be disconnected when messing with the air bags.

Back