Going to install new injectors tomorrow | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going to install new injectors tomorrow

Chris Jella'

Reaction score
City, State
Rolla, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie 4Dr 4X4
Well, I found a new set of injectors for my Explorer on Ebay and got them tonight. Mine has almost 155,000 on it now and still runs great, although the mileage has slipped a little and it doesn't idle as well as it did, (and yes, I'm just trying to justify my purchase :)
The injectors are the only thing in the fuel system I haven't replaced, so I figured, what the heck. The added bonuses are...1 I paid 99 bucks for a set of six & 2 they are a set of Bosch/Ford racing 19lb injectors that are flow adjusted to within 2% of tolerance for claimed mpg increase and 8-10 horsepower. I doubt the claims, but for less than the cost of a professional cleaning, I got 6 new ones. I love buying stuff!! LOL Now I have something to tinker with tomorrow! :bounce:
CJ

These injectors wouldnt happen to be Motorsport injectors from a 5.0L engine would they. If they are you will find that they will not fit into the injector bosses of your intake manifold. You may also may want to check the impedance (resistance) of the injectors because if you put injectors in to a vehicle with wrong impedance you can fry your injector driver real fast, then its a trip to the autowreckers for a new ECM.

Hey Speed,
They are from a mustang, but a V-6. The are exactly the same size and fit perfectly. You did point out something I hadn't thought of, thank you, the resistance. I don't have the haynes manual in front of me right now, but I believe the acceptable range is 13-19. My stock ones all tested right around 15.5 and the new ones all at 14.5. A little lower but still well within the range. I hope all is well, it runs soooooooooo good right now after the swap, I hate to think of changing anything!! Also, I had about 3/4 of a tank when I changed them yesterday. I reset the computer and drove about 100 miles, then filled up. I got 17.4mpg. Before the swap I was only getting low 16's. I look forward to seeing what it is after this full tank of gas with the new injectors.
Thank you for the info, we'll see what happens, it was an impulse buy for sure.
CJ

they are all the same dont worry.

Back