Good source for rear bumper 99 XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Good source for rear bumper 99 XLT?

mikepier

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
15 XL
My rear bumper had been rusting from the inside for a while causing rust on the outside chrome, and now the other day when loading something in my truck, my knee pushed against the bumper, and pushed right through, causing a hole.
I am the original owner and my truck still looks great, except for the bumper now. I don't think it can be repaired. Anyone know of good sources for bumpers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Five hundred for a rear bumper!?

Go down to your nearest Junkyard and you should find one in average-above average shape for about fifty bucks, if your not looking for a brand new one of course.

jy x2

My rear bumper had been rusting from the inside for a while causing rust on the outside chrome, and now the other day when loading something in my truck, my knee pushed against the bumper, and pushed right through, causing a hole.
I am the original owner and my truck still looks great, except for the bumper now. I don't think it can be repaired. Anyone know of good sources for bumpers?

Try craigslist

Thanks. Yeah, $400-$500 seems a lot to spend on a 13 year old truck. I will try a junkyard.
But for now, I got a great idea while driving home from work today. I saw someone elses truck had a magnetic bumper sticker.
So I found one in my garage, put it over the hole, problem solved! Well for now anyway until I find another bumper.

Back