• Register Today It's free!

got an idea

pathat83

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
I don't know if it's been done or if it even can be done, I have a 00 XLS 4x4 4dr. I found a 01 sport being parted out and was wondering if the front fenders, grill and hood would match up to the 4 dr body. It is the same color as my vehicle and I have always like the sport front ends better anyway. If anyone knows if tis would work, pls let me know, thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

everything is the same, but why would you wanna swap the fenders and hood? just swap the grille

Si

I like the headlights as well, and where the headlights go into the fender it is different. I think it is more squared on the sport and round on the 4 door that is the reason for the fender change. as far as the hood goes, I have a couple of paint issues with my hood now. I could get it repainted, but it is actually cheaper to get all these items instead.

I don't think you can swap the parts. The 2001 Sport is a different body style than the 2000 4dr models.

I don't think you can swap the parts. The 2001 Sport is a different body style than the 2000 4dr models.

not really

from the font door back it's the same truck since 1991, with exception to the tailgate and lights and bumper

the sports have the same cab fronts and doors, so the fenders , hoods, and grills should change out nicely

not really

from the font door back it's the same truck since 1991, with exception to the tailgate and lights and bumper

the sports have the same cab fronts and doors, so the fenders , hoods, and grills should change out nicely

The header panel is going to be different. The head lights from the '01 Sport will not fit the 4 door header panel.

It can be done but it's not a simple job.

The header panel is going to be different. The head lights from the '01 Sport will not fit the 4 door header panel.

It can be done but it's not a simple job.

I never included the header panel... I kinda said the whole front clip changed... yes and no. I think your right change out the header panel and maybe the supports behind it..

I think it's simple enough if you have a few tools, maybe a welder and a spot weld cutter

Back