• Register Today It's free!

Got Gas??

mach1460

Reaction score
City, State
laramie Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' limited
I sure dont, My x Runs like it is brand new but it sems my gas mileage is not what it should be. Im waiting for a restock on t-20 t-bits at my local hardware store so i can clean my m.a.s, I'm sure this will help but what are some other problems that can cause bad gas mileage?? im getting arround 200 mpg give or take 20 miles depending on weather, in/out of town driving. has any one tried the tornado?? if so let me know if it's worth a damn. Also what company makes the air tube and cone airfilter assemblys???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the tornado is crap... nuff said

i too get 200 a tank.... i need a tune up (plugs, wires, etc) also my 02 sensors need to be changed out

KKM & K&N make good filters... the KKM is a kit that will allow you to adapt a cone filter to your truck.... check out www.ebay.com if you want one of those chrome intake pipes to go along with the KKM

search this site for more on the KKM True-Rev Sport induction system

thanks, i wasent sure about that tornado, the infomercial was kinda convincing.whats a good chip or should i say the best chip?? I hear that jet is crap. just wondering..also would changing my o2 sensors help gas mileage??u should let me know if yur gas mileage gets better after that tune up. mach1460@hotmail.com or reply on here.

changing the 02s if they are dirty will def help mileage.... the jet chips arent good.... chips though are basicallythe same... the favorites on here are superchips, diablos, and hypertech

Clean your MAF, Change your 02 sensors, switch to Synthetic fluids in the tranny and diff. Due a tune- up.....and switch to a K&N airfilter. At 200 miles a tank something sounds wrong. Also, pull your computer codes if any. Check EGR for proper operation.

My 1991 Explorer 4x4 4door w/ 3.73 and 30.5 in tires and a 302 5.0L V8 w/ auto trans, GETS about 300-325 miles per tank. (my 4.0l engine I pulled got about 275 miles a tank)

So..... either do all the stuff I mentioned above, or get a 5.0L V8. :)

Good Luck,
Al

thanks, i cleaned the mas, and the (forgot the name0 valve deal on top of the intake.. air idle thingie**? it seemed to help a little. Can you replace the o2 sensors your self??how much do they cost>? is it a hard task,any special tool required? they are located on the catalitic converter right,.?do the synthetic fluids really help? sorry for playing 20 questions im jsut sick of having to fill up 2 times in an 8 day period with a 19 gallon tank. i have already ordered true-rev induction system and getting ready to order a cat back system.Could it be a timing problem? what do you mean by "pull the computer codes" and EGR whats that? was the swap from 4.0 to 5.0 hard?? I have a limited with a bunch of nick-nacks and luxurious goodies, and id like them all to work if i did switch. what did your 5.0 come out of? i would really like the power of a v8, plus theres 100 thousand more parts and accessories for them, other than the 10 aftermarket items for the 4-oh.sorry im not to firmilliar(spelling*) with fuel injected engines. ive been working with carbs 99% of the time.so help me if you can thanks

this works great

i changed my o2, and i have gone 165 miles on just barely under half tank. that was definately my prob. im pretty sure the old one was stock, or very old casue it looked absolutely shot. thanks for those who replied

hmm...think ill try swapping my o2 sensors...these forums are the bomb! thank you for sharing your knowledge.

changing os sensor

Where is the o2 sensor located on a 1994 "x"?

Right before the cats on your '94 I believe.

how much are O2 sensors how many do i need for a 93

02 sensors are about 80 a piece and on a first gen you're gonna have 2 02 sensors. one before the cat and one after it. Theyre pretty easy to spot. theyre the only thing coming out of the exhaust system with wires attached to it.

Back