GWNF run on July 27th

donkey boy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rome, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 WJ
I will run some trails at GWNF on Saturday, July 27th. Looks like if I already have a bunch of Jeepers coming with me. But it's not a Jeep only run, so everybody feeling like coming should join.

When: Saturday, July 27; starting time depends on when the other groups plan on leaving. I thought 9:00 AM at McDormans (where else :D )

I will not camp, just drive in from Richmond in the morning and go home in the evening, maybe after some dinner together somewhere.

Plan: Doing Old Long Run up, Second Mountain to the mud hole (might be dry though ;) ) (this is still legal, isn't it?) back up Second and down Old Long, then Kephart, maybe Dectum if somebody insists (I can't do Dictum myself, I'm too low, I might try the bypass) For Dry River I'm not sure if I would find the entrance again.

Who: I have no clue, who ever feels like, whatever make and model (I have a pretty stock WJ with skids and rockrails)

Note:This is not a organized run of any club or anything I just feel like going wheeling and would appreciate if some old and new friends would feel like joining :cool:

Here is a link to the thread at the JU for anybody interested. http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=266810

HerrGottSakerMoscht!!!

I will not be able to go to GWNF this Saturday Some business came up and I will not be back on time. :( Sorry guys, specially the ones I was in PM and e-mail contact with regarding this trip. Hopefully an other time.

Re: HerrGottSakerMoscht!!!

Originally posted by donkey boy
I will not be able to go to GWNF this Saturday ...Sorry guys... Hopefully an other time.
Michael - Unfortunately, I wasn't going to make this one, sorry you had to miss it as well. Not business for me, just recovering from my middle one's ninth birthday. Something about three friends spending the night and most of the following day that wore me out. I'm looking forward to sleeping in Sat morning...

I do want to get back down there, so keep me in mind. I'm thinking the new truck needs to see some action. Looks like some folks are planning something for Oct-Nov time frame, but let me know if you want to try something sooner.

Re: Re: HerrGottSakerMoscht!!!

Originally posted by Paul N.

.... just recovering from my middle one's ninth birthday. Something about three friends spending the night and most of the following day that wore me out...

:D :D That's called "the joy of parenthood" :p but, I know exactely what you are talking about. And then, my boys never really understand why I don't share their excitement about sleepovers at my house :rolleyes:

I will drop you an e-mail next time I plan some wheeling so you can get some custom-pinestriping in your new truck ...

Back