GY Wrangler sr-a or Firestone destination le2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GY Wrangler sr-a or Firestone destination le2

I have a 06 xlt with 17s. I can get a set of 4, in the factory size, of the GY Wrangler sr-a or Firestone destination le2 for 600. I wanted a white letter tire. I am usually a Goodyear fan but I think the Firestones are a better tire? Any one have a suggestion one what ones to go with?

I just bought the LE2 about a month ago. Great tire so far. Haven't drove in anything but rain yet.

My local Firestone dealer salesman gave me a $50 Firestone coupon to use toward them.

The price at the dealer was cheaper than me getting them online.

These replaced a set of Michelin LTX M/S I had. Ride was softer with the Michelins, but close with the LE2.

If you are looking for an aggressive looking tire, the LE2 are not it. They look like a street tire, not an all-terrain tire.

Go with the Goodyears! I've had the Wrangler SR-As on my '94 Explorer for several years. Great tire in all weather conditions. I bought a set for my son's '97 Mountaineer and my '02 Sport Trac in July. The Sport Trac currently has Destination LEs. They were on it when I bought it in Dec. They GO great in the snow, but once the snow plow goes through, they don't stop or steer - at all. The SR-As are on a second set of wheels and I haven't put them on the truck yet, but will before winter. When I bought my Goodyears at Sears in July, Goodyear had a $40 rebate per set and Sears had a sale. The rebate is back and possibly bigger now. Rebate is good wherever you buy them.

I just noticed you're considering the LE2. I have the LE. I don't know how they compare.

I am going with the Firestone's. They are being mounted tomorrow.

Back