Firestone Destination A/T's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Firestone Destination A/T's

So my 2000 Ex is just about due for 4 new tires. right now im running Lexingtons that were on it when i bought it. i didnt reallly like the ride i got out of them. i have been looking around online and asked a few people about tires when i came across the Firestone Destination A/T's.

i was wondering if anyone was running them or heard anything about them. they have gotten pretty good reviews and are in my price range. i am open to suggestions and looking for feedback. keep in mind two things. 1. i live in massachusetts so weird weather. and 2. i am a college student who doesnt have a tone to spend on tires.

Hope to get some good feedback.

i have them on my explorer. I like them so far. I haven't got stuck yet, i went 4 wheeling in extremely muddy conditions and i went straight up a hill than my buddy slide sideways off in his jeep with BFGs. I did have a hard time keeping it straight as it wanted to "sidewind" down hills. I think they have a good ride on the road and have a good tread that does good in all conditions, i have 7k miles on mine and they are wearing great. I know someone whos on his second set and he likes them as well. i would recommend them as i spent only 112 a piece mounted and balanced. its hard to beat it for the price

Thanks for the info makes me feel good to know that someone has them and likes them. im hoping to be able to wait a few more months before having to buy them but who knows anything can happen.

I have had those tires on a bunch of my work trucks, and had nothing but excellent luck with them. I personally think they are a great tire for the money. But if you look into it, not sure if it is the same where you are, but here where I am, BFG Long Trails are extremely close in price to the Destinations, if not cheaper, all depending on size, and they are an even nicer tire in my opinion.

Back