Had my Revos 2 weeks now | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Had my Revos 2 weeks now

First, thanks again to everyone that gave feedback on the various tires I was looking at. I chose the Revos based on my particular needs and thought I'd post again to give my thoughts on them so far.

We bought a set of 4 in the P235/75R15 flavor at Sam's, unfortunately just having missed the $75 rebate. :( I was coming off of 1st a set of GY Wranglers all around, then later the GYs in the front and Liberators in the back (to replace the nearly bald GYs in the rear). Obviously anything was an improvement over both setups.

Before you read on, know that I 'drive it like I stole it' ... but only when I have the road to myself. ;) Also, I don't off-road so sorry but you won't find any feedback on that here. I've done about 1000 miles on them in the 2 weeks (typical for me).

On dry ground, these things kick a$$. I can do 80mph on the highway with no vibration and no squirrliness while changing lanes at those speeds. On local roads I can take a 90 degree turn or S-curve at 35 with no squealing or slippage. In short, these tires can handle anything the truck can handle.

On wet ground, they are nearly equally impressive. I can take those same turns at the same speeds and the truck doesn't slip an inch. Up to 70mph on the highway (the fastest I ever go in the rain) with a wet road, they don't hydroplane or slip. Here's where the negative part comes in. In heavy rains (where the road has accumlated water) these tires hydroplane fairly easily, though I regain my grip almost instantly. This is especially true over 55mph. In fairness, most tires hydroplane in these conditions - I was only hoping the Revos would take it a little better.

Also like to add that dry or wet, these tires stop on a dime with no sliding. I was doing about 50 in the rain when a few deer darted out in front of me, causing me to brake hard - the truck stopped dead with no sliding.

So it's only been 2 weeks but I like these Revos quite a bit and think I'm going to stick with them. As much as I hate driving in the snow, I'm kind of curious to see if they handle as well as everyone says. :)

Back